Lavan Villa

........

LAVAN VILLA, VYALLA AVENUE

ETANIA,CAPITAL OF RYDDOS EMPIRE

........

LAVAN VILLA

If anyone asked Delphine who she wanted to meet in the capital, her answer would be the royal family and perhaps some actors. Nowhere on her list would there be a spot for ghosts, dead swordmasters and half-fairy children.

She sharply glared at the closet, the ghost was still wailing and sobbing to its heart content. The strap of her nightdress loosely slid off her shoulder, she yanked the covers up to her knees and softly hit her head against the headboard. It had been three days since they arrived in Lavan Villa. Mylo and her cleaned the entire house using magic while Priya took inventory of the items left in the kitchen pantry. Delphine didn't have a chance to tell Mylo about the ghost and she suspected that he vaguely knew there were others in the house beside them. The ghost, however, only appeared when Mylo wasn't in the room.

Delphine glanced over Priya's sleeping figure, she ran her fingers through Priya's silky chocolate locks. She was adapting fairly well for a kid that was almost kidnapped and taken in by a complete stranger. Delphine wasn't sure if she should be thankful or suspicious of the little girl's behavior. Perhaps, she was trying her best to conceal her sadness. Her heart twisted a little, she didn't want Priya to shove her feelings down like she did. Yet, an inkling of suspicion lingered in Delphine's heart. She knew her stepmother wouldn't stoop as low as using a child against her but then again if there was anything she learned from her first life, it was to never doubt the methods she would resort to. Luckily, Delphine didn't sense any malicious auras around her or the ghost.

"Ha, I've even become suspicious of orphans and dead people." Delphine bitterly snarled, burying her head between her knees.

Lately, nightmares about the time she was imprisoned in her room plagued her mind. The stench of rotten food and blood was burned into her senses, she vividly remembered the scratch marks on her walls. She ran her hands up and down the sides of her shoulders, if only she didn't trust the people around her so much then she wouldn't have been deceived. If only she didn't chase after love and attention, if only she didn't ask for more than she had-just maybe-she wouldn't have suffered.

In her nightmares, hands slipped under her dress and gripped her legs while she laid unconscious. She screamed at herself to wake up and push away the people grabbing her body. She covered her mouth in horror as she saw her dress reveal her bare skin to someone other than herself and her maids. Where was her bethorted? Where was her sister? Her stepmother? Her heart sank into despair, begging for anyone to break through the doors of her room.

In other memories, her skin cracked under the lashings of whips. Her tongue burned from the poison she consumed in her water. Hands gripped and dragged her body around like a lifeless doll. She heard the continuous stream of insults and laughter thrown at her in her most humiliating moments. All she desired was a quick end to her suffering but sometimes in her heart, she yearned to burn everyone who wronged her.