Nine

The weeks dragged on for the siblings as they helplessly waited for the results of the court to show. Amy had not eaten in a while and it worried Stuart though, he didn't eat much either. The two were put on hold for adopting couples as if they were dogs at an animal shelter, no one could adopt them until they knew for a fact they would not be going back with Axl. 

A month later, one of the Nannie's had walked into the room where Amy and Stuart were sleeping and sat on the bed beside them. 

"Court is over, you leave with your brother tomorrow!" The Nannie said sounding disappointed. Stuart and Amy smiled and cheered. Hugging each other as they jumped around. The Nannie couldn't help but laugh at their antics before she walked out of the room.

The next day, Stuart and Amy were back with Axl. And they found themselves never leaving his side. Amy often crawled into bed with him in the middle of the night while Stuart refused to leave the house for anything.

"Stuart, Amy, we have to talk!" Axl said sitting the two down in the living room. "You guys being so clingy is driving me insane! I know you missed me but that doesn't mean you can be glued to my hip every day!" Axl said. Amy began to cry and Stuart averted his eyes away from Axl. "No, don't cry!" Axl said wrapping his arm around Amy, he reached for Stuart but the boy yanked his body away. Axl pulled away. "I'm not mad, I just think it's unhealthy, I love you both very much. But you guys need to get out and do teenager stuff. And I don't mean drugs and sex, I mean riding your skateboards or roller blades, hanging out with friends. Stuart you having seen Zach or Molly since I came back," Axl said. "I'm just worried about... Losing you," Stuart said softly. Amy nodded and looked up at Axl. "Aw," Axl said with a smile on his face as he hugged both of his siblings. "I'm here now, there is no reason for you to have to worry about losing me!" Axl said. "Now go and live your life, I'll always be here to guide you through it."

When Stuart turned eighteen he had those words tattooed on his back. And they became words he lived by. Anytime he was lost he would go to Axl and ask for help.

As for him and Molly, well, they found love and when Stuart was twenty one they had their first child named Lucas.

Amy also fell in love, surprisingly, it was Zach, even though she had never showed much interest in the boy. She became and actor and acted in multiple horror movies.

And Axl, well, he sat back and raised the kids the best he knew how. He learned to be less of a father and more of a brother as they got older.

Life had never been greater for any of the three siblings. And it only got better.

The End