Mekahumans

Mekahumans are former humans who were 'gifted' powers by the Meka. These powers include flight, immortality (to an extent, more on that later), and control over a certain thing (fire, energy, mind, etc.). Mekahumans can be identified by a colored streak in their hair that matches their eye color(s).

Mekahuman immortality works in an odd way. They can die, but unpowered death they will be brought back to life. The time it takes to come back depends on the severity of the injury.

Mekahumans can be permanently killed will three things. The powers of the first two Mekahumans, the only ones to be born with their powers rather than gifted, or the horns of acertain type of dragon, which is now extinct.

Mekahumans normally have one power, although there have been three instances where a Mekahuman was given two powers. One on purpose, and two throughout freak accidents. The Meka is a Mekahuman who can give humans powers in order to make them Mekahumans. The first Mekahuman was the first Meka, and there have been four Mekas since her permanent death.

Mekahumans act as the guardians of the non-human community. They help keep it hidden, and they prevent fights between humans and non-humans, along with fights between different non-human species and factions.

Mekahumans have also been haunted my a bit of a curse. There was a spirit that didn't like the Mekahumans constantly being able to escape death, so when Aristodemos, the first Mekahuman to be permanently killed died, the spirt possessed his body and took it over.

That spirit has made it their goal to kill all of the Mekahumans. By doing this, the spirit has cursed the Mekahumans, so every time a new Mekahuman is created an 'Opposite' appears.