Day Four- Use Every Moment In Ramadan

﷽‏

“By Allah, if it was said to the people of the grave, ‘make a wish!’ they would wish for one day of Ramaḍān.” – Ibn al-Jawzī (raḥimahullāh)

There may be times when you are tired or too exhausted to recite Qur’ān. Fill this time up with ‘easier’ acts of worship for e.g. listening to the Qur’ān or a beneficial lecture. Similarly, if you’re doing household chores or commuting, recite the Qur’ān or do dhikr at the same time.

Have a stockpile of books, or even one book, ready to help you become close to Allah (subḥānahū wa taʿālā), His Words and His Messenger ﷺ.

May Allah (subḥānahū wa taʿālā) grant us the joy of worshipping Him in this life, and the joy of seeing Him in the next.

__________________________________

#Duaoftheday

رَبِّ إِنِّي ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي

My Lord, I have certainly wronged myself, so forgive me. (28:16)

#Explanation

This is the du‘ā’ Musā (‘alayhis-salām) made after he unintentionally killed a Coptic man. He realised that it was only through turning to Allah (subḥānahū wa ta‘ālā) that he could make things right. He cried out ‘My Rabb’. We too should cry out to our ‘Rabb’ when we have wronged. We should then acknowledge our sins, as acknowledging one’s sins and shortcomings is a sunnah of the Prophets and Messengers (‘alayhimus-Salām). And thereafter, we should ask Allah to forgive us.

__________________________________

#challengeoftheday

Quranle.com

~maryambintisa