Part 1

"Just a bit more and we'll be there" a ice-coloured dragon thought as he tried to hide desperately in the storm. The guardians cave was not to far away from here and as for now he successfully got the skywing egg from the palace
He couldn't notice two magma-black eyes staring at him from the distance.
At the top of the mountain stood a dragoness with pale gold scales who shined like the hot desert horizon.
She flicked her tail to the two dragons behind her as they flew to the heart of the storm. A loud shriek was heard as the dragon the colour of the moon ended up in their claws.

"COVER HIS MOUTH! " the dragoness yelled as she saw the icewing inhailing, getting ready to fight back with his deadly weapon. One of her soliders quickly grabbed a fiery chain and tied it around the icewing's snout. 

"You won't be using your frostbreath on us, icewing" the dragoness spoke
"He had this with him, queen Burn" one of the soliders reported as he handed her the small egg.
Her eyes widened at the sight of it.
"This isn't a icewing egg! You stole it from the skywings! " she hissed
Hvitur looked at her, haterd on his face
"Did you really think you would get away unseen? " Burn continued "my allies skywings aren't idiots. Queen Scarlet knows what's going on in her kingdom in every second. Her guards reported that a icewing thief was sneaking away from the palace, and i thought this would bring more fun in my pretty boring visit. "

Burn looked at the egg in her talons, examining it. "This is a skywing egg indeed. And it's right about to hatch. " she spoke, looking back at Hvitur "Why would my sister send you to steal a skywing dragonet? Blaze hates everyone who is younger and prettier than her. "
She thought for a second, as the storm went more and more wild
"Unless... The brightest night is tomorrow! "
Like a scorpion's, the tip of her tail went right next to Hvitur's eyes.
"You aren't in Blaze's army aren't you? You're with those pathetic underground peace makers. "

"The talons of peace? " asked one of her guards "they really exist? "
Burn snorted " A stupid handful of worms who cry over a drip of blood. Take away his chains, he won't be able to use his frostbreath until his scales don't cool off. "
The guard stepped closer and took of the burning chains away from Hvitur as Burn asked "Tell me, icewing, do you really believe in that pathetic prophecy of yours? "

"Hasn't enough of dragons died already!? Hvitur suddenly shrieked
" All of Pyrrhia is struggling for over twenty years now! And the prophecy says... "
"I don't care what the prophecy says! " Burn cut him off " No prophecy is gonna decide what happens to me nor how long will i fly. No dragon babies will decide who will i bow to. There will be peace when I'm queen and my sisters are gone. "

The tip of her poisonous tail was closer and closer to his face by the second
"The dragonets will come, you want it or not! "
"Oh really? " Burn asked as she traced her hand along the egg's shell
"Well, icewing, tell me, is this little egg a part of your little prophecy? "
Hvitur froze.
Burn slowly knocked onto the egg shell with her claw
"Is there someone in there? A  dragonet prophecied to end the big scary war? "

"Leave it alone! " Hvitur yelled
"Tell me, icewing, what would happen if one of your dragonets were to not hatch? "
"You wouldn't! Nobody would hurt a dragon egg! " his blue eyes looked desperately at the egg in her clutches.
"And then there would be no 'wings of sky' to save the world"
"What a sad, sad story "
She started tossing the egg from one talon to another
"I guess we have to be careful with this very special... Oops" Burn said as she pretended that the egg fell down
Then it really did, straight into the black abbys

"Nooo!!!! " Hvitur yelled as he pushed the guards and went to the place the egg fell off of, but Burn held him back.
"There, so much of your little prophecy. So much of your little pathetic move! "
"You're a monster!! " Hvitur shrieked in agony. "We won't give up. The dragonets will come and end the war! "
Burn hissed "Even if they do come it's too late for you" she grabbed him and ripped his wings, then stinging her tail right into his heart as she tossed him into the darkness.

"Now let's go find another good fight somewhere" She said as her and her guards flew away, leaving the Icewing and the egg at their own mercy

Thats it for now!
This chapter was pretty much the actual prologue of book one but the next one is where the twist is
Hope you liked it for now