Part 2

Kestrel didn't like the time it took Hvitur to get the egg. Even Asha had made it with the mudwing egg and he was the only one missing. She decided to go look out for him, thinking the worst might have happened. As she flew through the mountains of the sky kingdom, everything looked the same, and she had no idea where the Icewing could possibly be.

While crossing one of the mountains she smelled something odd. It smelled like burnt scales and it was coming from a long dark abbys near one of the mountains close to the caves of the Talons of Peace.
She landed down and saw that what she thought was true.
Hvitur was dead. That must've meant that their skywing was dead too. Just as she turned to leave and report the bad news to the Talons of Peace something caught her eye. Something in Hvitur's arms.

A bright red egg that faded into black by the end of it.
"No way" Kestrel thought as she examined the egg. It had been broken at one of its ends and had the legs of the little dragonet from the inside dangling there. "The dragonet is still alive though" she thought again as the fragile dragonet poked his head out of the shell of the egg. She held the little one next to her, hugging it protectively.

She looked around before taking off again, flying back to the cave of the guardians. "It'll probably have some injuries or problems with it during life since the egg shattered a bit before it even hatched" she thought sadly as the dragonet in her talons squeaked.

After a couple of minutes the dragonet now stood in a little nest with the rest of the dragonets. They all curiously looked around as some squeaked and played with each other's tails.
"I still can't believe how it managed to survive the fall" Webs spoke, amazed while he looked at the tiny skywing.
"Hvitur probably held it tightly and when they fell it was on him so it kind of helped it but the fall sure did break the egg a bit" Kestrel explained as she looked at the injuries on its wings and back legs.

"It will for sure have some problems in the future" Dune spoke, looking at the skywing and then the sandwing dragonet
"We still don't know what he will think of them" he said, glancing at Kestrel and Webs.
"Let's hope he thinks something good" Webs spoke with a tone of sadness in his voice "because the prophecy is already kind of failing. "
"Maybe we were just meant to fail. But hey, look on the bright side it's not that bad when you realize that we atleast got the save the prophecied skywing. " Kestrel exclaimed

"Anyway, " Webs tried to change the topic " what do you want to name them? "
Kestrel thought for a moment
" Let's name the Skywing Torch"
"Isn't she a female? Torch is a male name right? " Dune complained as he looked at the dragonet again
"It would fit her i think. Perhaps it could be a gender neutral name" Webs said
"Okay then, what about the seawing? " Dune continued
"Tsunami" Webs beamed with his reply
"Sure" Kestrel agreed
"The mudwing should be Clay" she continued

"The nightwing is Starflight and the sandwing should be Sunny" Dune finished off. "Now we have all of them"

"So what do we do now? " Webs asked as he turned away from the dragonets

"Raise these little beings for the next eight years" Kestrel sighed

Shorter chapter because i kinda don't have motivation rn 🥲👍