Dashrath's Woes

It was a fine day in Ayodhaya. But the king of Ayodhaya was in a panicky mood. His guests of Magadh were soon to arrive and the preparations weren't complete! Also his sons who had been on a horse ride for the past twenty-something days hadn't returned! (It was just 20 minutes but Dashrath was panicking to much to notice.) 

Finally his wife Kausalya came in. Dashrath almost sagged down to the ground in relief. The preparations must be complete was the thought in his mind as he greeted his wife. But unfortunately for Dashrath luck was not with him that day. What Kausalya said next made him nearly faint.

"Swami, the boys are back and they are hungry. It will take them a little time to get ready. And no don't speak, before you ask Ram is trying to placate them but they won't settle down." That was enough for Dashrath. He promptly ran around the palace tearing his beard out. 

When he appeared next in front of his family they were to horror-struck to say anything. Dashrath had torn HLAF his beard out. He looked like a person who had used the scissors the wrong way. Here and there tufts of his beard remained and (which had several different colors on them from a plate of colors he upset when he was screaming his head off.) He appeared was more like a zombie than anything else.

"What?" asked Dashrath looking at his family who were opening and closing their mouth looking extraordinarily like goldfish. "I think you should have a look at yourself Papa" said Ram faintly handing him a mirror.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" shrieked Dashrath sounding like Kaikeyi when she saw a cockroach on her mangoes happily waving its antennas. (A/N -Her biggest fear and don't go she's a warrior blah blah blah yada yada yada. Everyone is afraid of something)

To cut a long story short in the end the Magadh royalty was greeted by an embarrassed Dashrath with a colorful half beard. When the princess saw the Ayodhayan king's face she fled in terror. She was found later in the forest looking very much like Dashrath.

**************************

A/N - WOW! My first chap's done! Tell me how's it in the comments. Its probably a huge piece of shit. I wish my books were more like Mochi or Pragyu di's

Bye!