A Young Boy (1)

"Hey! Shenju! Do you mind cutting the wood?"

Shenju turned to see his mother, Soko Yūta. Shenju was only 5 this time.

Shenju: "Okay."

He walked out as a cold breeze of snow landed on his hair. Shenju started cutting down the wood untill it got late.

Shenju: "Maybe these 5 stacks of wood should be okay..."

Shenju mumbled while carrying all the wood with his bare back.
He was about to open the door but noticed it was smashed down.

Shenju: "(*sigh* probably Ken-chan.)"

Ken is the oldest sibling with high spirits so Shenju expected him to have done it. He noticed the smell of the house smelt like metal.

Shenju: "Tadai-"

Shenju dropped all the wood he was carrying.. He sees a man with colorful eyes eating Ken while the rest barely had their body parts now.

Man: "Mm! What a delicious meal. Are there.. More?!"

The man with colorful eyes showing, "2" turned at me.

Man: "My name is Douma! That's a lot of wood you chopped!"

Shenju suddenly calmed down. He got over his family's death already.

Shenju: "Hello, Douma. Do you mind getting out of my house?"

Douma looked shocked. Why isn't Shenju afraid?

They didn't know it but there was another pair of eyes watching.

"I better report this to the master."

The pair of eyes had dashed away as Douma continued looking at Shenju in shock.

Douma: "That's a bit rude to say to a visitor, you know?" *chuckle*

Shenju: "Oh. Why did you kill my family? For food? You could've just asked me."

Douma's eyes widened. Everyone, even tough adults fear him and yet a 5 year old boy is talking to him like an uncle.

Douma: "Eh-ehehem... Goodbye!"

Douma said happily as he dashed to who knows where. "I should report about this to Him."

Shenju ended up training himself at the age of 5, not knowing that many people are watching.

And those, "people" are not just random innocents.

???: "Really... Very shocking but flamboyant!"

???2: "training himself at such a young age.. ah! My heart!"

???3: "He looks depressed."

???4: "Ara ara, Tomioka san! Maybe he's your long lost brother."

???5: "... I... Don't have a brother.."

???6: "What a pitiful child.. Thank you for reporting about this to us, Iguro san."

???7: "Wait.. Take a look at that house. It smells like blood."

???: *Gasp* "such a flamboyant child! Training right after his family's death! With no flamboyant mentor!"

???3: "he's too young, isn't he?"

They all nodded and dashed to their personal estates.

Shenju was already training and even killed 2 demons without training, this caught muichiro's eyes.

________
Timeskip - 10 years later, 2ND person.

You were 15 and joined the Final Selection.

The children explained the rules as you immediately set off to hunt demons.

"oo! A meal coming straight a-"

Death Breathing: 2nd Form, Glory Kill.

The first attack of your combo already eliminated the demon. You sighed and heard screaming.

You rushed, more like teleported there and sliced a hand reaching out for a red head.

???: "thanks! My name's Tanjiro."

Shenju: "Shenju. Shenju Yūta."

Tanjiro: "This demons is-"

Death Breathing: 4th Form, Atomic Slash.

Within seconds, the Hand Demon faded away as you turned away to walk somewhere else, not giving Tanjiro a chance to converse

_________
Timeskip - 7 Days

There were only 6 people. Me, a girl, Tanjiro, yellow head, boar head and a madman.

"Congratulations, everyone. You have passed the Final Selection. And for that, you will all receive crows to communicate with others."

The crows came flying down, but the yellow haired guy received a sparrow.

I raised my hand in a polite manner.

Shenju: "Where is my crow..?"

I asked coldly.

"That is unusual. We will give you an eagle instead."

The eagle landed on my shoulder as it started to caw.

Eagle: "Caw! Oh, apologies, master. Have I been to loud? I sincerely apologise. Please forgive me."

Everyone looked at me in shock as I just glare back at them.

Shenju: "I will name you Ayato."

Ayato: "Caw! Thank you, master."

The madman screamed angrily and swings his arm as a sign that he doesn't want the crow.

Madman: "Grr!! I don't need some stupid crow! I need a nichirin blade! The color-changing one!"

The madman grabbed the white-haired girl.

Madman: "Give it to me!!"

Tanjiro was about to step in but I stopped him and glared at the young man.

Shenju: "I will ask you to let her go."

He did just that and pissed his pants a bit.

"Are you done? Next, you will pick any ore."

Everyone went to choose as I stayed and waited for everyone to finish.

Once they were done, I walked up to the table and picked the ore that suits me most.

"Thank you for your time."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Next Chapter: First Mission

813 words