Chapter 1

You were raised to be an independent woman. Having parents that both came from a traditional families that had a strong line of Alphas, it was only natural for the family to prepare you for the subgender that you are most likely going to present as. 

Of course, you had relatives that didn't present as an Alpha, after all, it was impossible for one to control such things. 

The family did not have a problem with that. It would only mean that their methodology in raising kids can produce either a Proper Alpha, well prepped for their role as the strong, independent and dominant subgender that other subgenders can rely on, or a Strong Omega/Beta, who, despite their subgender, can still stand on their own without an Alpha.

It was an ideal set-up. However, no matter how much they claim that their way of raising kids works well for any subgender one may present as and that there is no different treatment for each, it's still obvious that there is a shift when one presents. This shift can serve as a double edged sword for any subgender. 

Alphas are welcomed with more excitement and pride, while the others - well, they're still shown the excitement and pride of presenting, it's just not as enthusiastic. But along with the pride and enthusiasm given to Alphas, there were heavy expectations to achieve more and pursue more Alpha careers, such as law, business and politics, while the Betas/Omegas were given more leeway and freedom to choose what they want in life.

Given this, you were kind of a disappointment in your childhood. You were clingy, needy and touch-starved, and despite how much they try to discipline you, you always seem to seek assistance and reliance from others. Even though it is evident that you are capable in accomplishing the task alone, you enjoy depending on someone and you are heavily motivated by the praise of others. 

It came to the point where everyone wouldn't even be surprised if you presented as an omega since you displayed "traditional" characteristics of omegas. 

Your parents were so convinced that you'd be an omega that they had given up on trying to raise you as a proper alpha. This meant that they did not actively reprimand you anymore when you openly seek for affection but they don't give you the affection either. This meant that they did not have high expectations anymore but it also meant that you don't receive praises anymore. 

They still loved you and you knew that. But sometimes, it felt like your were just there and they were just letting you be. That was until you presented.

When you presented as an Alpha at the ripe age of thirteen, your parents scrambled to make up for your lack of "alpha training" during your childhood. This was a big shock to you. However, in spite of not really liking the whole strong and independent act, you welcomed the "training" with open arms as it was the only way you saw your parents actively giving you attention and praise. 

Eventually, over your adolescence you have internalized the Proper Alpha persona and ever since then you had never strayed from the role.

Despite now living in the modern age, when subgenders are not anymore expected to conform to the traditional characteristics and roles, you found yourself stuck in the mindset that you were trained to observe. 

Aware that your views in subgender roles can be seen as outdated, you kept them to yourself, never discriminating and judging the others for straying from the traditional roles associated with their subgender but still applying the toxic and archaic standard to yourself. 

You empower Alphas who are able to express their vulnerabilities and support Omegas who choose to become independent and live without an Alpha or Beta. But you do not allow yourself to show your weak side, you're afraid to seek help from others, and you cannot bring yourself to ask for affection.