Chapter 2

You woke up the next day late in the afternoon, with your body aching, still in the same clothes as yesterday. You berate yourself for not washing up and sleeping on your bed that was literally just inches away from the sofa. It could've saved you from the ache on your back but, alas, your lazy and sad ass didn't have the energy to drag yourself around yesterday. 

The buzzing of your phone pulled yourself away from your self-deprecating thoughts. The phone, despite having 5% left, flashed Taehyung's picture. Glaring below it were the words "Requesting Videocall."

Shit.

You didn't think this through. 

Of course your pack mates were going to demand a call. Your departure was abrupt after all and you didn't get to reply to any one of them after sending your last message in the group chat. Panicking, you cleared your throat first, attempting to remove the hoarseness of your voice, before declining the video call and opting for the voice call instead.

"Hey, why didn't you accept the video call?" Taehyung whined. 

Even though it was in a whining manner, you can sense the genuine question behind it. 

"I'm busy at work Tae," you reply, wincing at the roughness of your voice. 

Damn it you should have tested your voice first before accepting the call. 

"What happened to your voice?" questioned Seokjin, catching you off guard. 

It was kind of dumb for you not to expect another member to intervene. Being in the pack for some time, you know there was little to no privacy when it came to calls. Heck, most of the times you can't even use the ID name to distinguish who texts you because of how they frequently text you using someone else's phone, same goes with the calls.

Caught up in your inner monologue you almost space out in Seokjin's continuous chastising of you not drinking water, not taking breaks and not taking care of yourself enough. 

"Is that Y/N-ie!!!" If it weren't for Hoseok's excited shout you would've continued spacing out on Seokjin's mini-lecture. 

Clearing your throat once more before answering, you said "Hobi oppa, Jinnie oppa, Taetae oppa, I'm actually at work right now. I'll call back when I can okay?" 

Before they can reply your phone died and you were not sure if you should be thankful for it. At one point, it definitely saved you from the multiple whines you were bound to receive from the other end of the call, it also made you avoid the questions you were sure they had. However, your abrupt ending of the call will definitely earn you some major scolding. 

The whines you were bound to receive weren't avoided, just delayed for some time.

Your call with them made you realize that you haven't called any of your friends that witnessed your outburst from yesterday. Thank god it was a Sunday and there was no work, or else you would've been late by now. Hopefully, your friends from work would understand if you didn't reply to their messages first.

For now, you're stuck with yourself, your thoughts, your feelings, and your actual exhaustion. Despite just having woken up from your deep slumber you felt awfully tired. Nevertheless, you actually dragged yourself to take a quick shower and dressed in the clothes that you have in your unit, which were old worn pajamas that even had some holes in it. 

They weren't the best. After all these were the clothes you didn't find good enough to bring to the pack house. (Oh my, you can only imagine their reaction if they saw you owning such a pair. All of them, aside from Jungkook, would want to spoil you more than how they are doing now, which was already excessive. Jungkook would probably laugh and bully you into wearing it for a whole week)