Chapter 3

You wake up again, whimpering. You don't even know the reason why. It was weird, you knew alphas don't whimper (okay. maybe they do. but no alpha is really brave enough to show their weakness). You try to stop it from coming out. Rationalize. Rationalize. Rationalize. You don't have a reason to whimper. So don't. Stop. It's not reasonable. It consumes energy.

You stop whimpering. But your inner wolf still continues. You paid her no mind and instead looked at the clock. It wasn't ticking.

Maybe time has stopped.

Stop being stupid, you say to yourself. The clock is probably just broken. 

You checked your phone. It's dead. You check the windows. It's raining and dark, even the city lights that usually light up the area are faint. It's probably midnight. You sit up and think of your next course of action. You should go home. You have work tomorrow and you have no clothes here. You can't contact your pack mates to fetch you since your battery is dead. Even if you can you would't. 

As far as they know, you're in some far city, residing in some hotel after meeting an important client. Besides, they can't know that you're still keeping your own unit. They'd take it as an offense, a sign that you don't trust them enough and that you still needed your own space away from the pack. You can take a cab but you doubt that there's one this late in the night. Maybe you can contact a friend to bring and lend you their clothes at work tomorrow?

Sighing, you decide that charging your phone in the convenience store is a must before taking any real action. You'll just cross the bridge when you get there. 

You immediately change to your clothes from yesterday. You then proceed to the lobby, bringing only your phone, wallet and your unit key. You enter the convenience store, just beside the lobby, and ask the bored employee if she had a charger. You show your phone's charging port while saying that you're willing to pay if she let you charge your phone to at least 50%. 

The clerk moved sluggishly, as if she had all the time in the world and as if she didn't care about making you wait. Not that you mind, you had nothing to do after all. However, other people probably would have. 

Her unresponsiveness would have probably come across as disrespectful to others. It's probably her way of showing her annoyance to your presence, the employee not expecting someone to come to the store this late at night and disrupt her peace. Or maybe that's just her personality. It would make sense for the owner to assign her to such an idle shift. It would lessen the number of people that could probably mistake her quiet personality for rudeness. 

Damn, what are you even doing. Analyzing a whole person over her one act of ignoring you. Surely, you're better than this.

Lost in your thoughts, you were startled when the silent girl asked for your phone. Immediately, you scrambled to give her your phone and asked how much will she charge you. The girl first plugged your phone and placed it somewhere visible to you before stating that a thousand won is enough in addition to you actually buying something from the store. 

You then searched the shelves for something random to buy as you didn't really plan on doing so earlier. You settled for a dosirak. You figured you could at least catch up on your missed meals while waiting for the phone to charge.

After paying your bill, you sit on one of the tables facing the window. Waiting for you meal to be reheated by the convenience store clerk without the company of your phone to keep you busy, you opted to just watching the rain drops drag themselves down the window. Usually, you'd do people watching or maybe car watching, but the presence of both were little to non-existing to actually be entertaining.

Your thoughts once again drift to the pack. Do they miss you? Maybe. But probably not as much as you miss them. It's frustrating how much clingier and needy you feel you've been after meeting them. Of course, you don't project these feelings to them. But sometimes you catch yourself almost doing so.