CHAPTER X.

ten || 10.

RETRIBUTION

RETRIBUTION.

    "Come on, Ed! Sword point up, like Oreius showed us!" Peter and Edmund raced across a lush field of grass. It had been three days since Edmund was saved from the White Witch.

Aslan's army had spent those three days rallying more and more troops, forging weapons and armor, and training for battle. She had seen so many new creatures she didn't recognize join the ranks.

    Much like the Narnians, Peter and Edmund had taken up training with the centaur— Commander Oreius— who was astoundingly fierce with a weapon despite his calm disposition.

    Finally, Peter was able to properly wield his sword. Edmund was getting rather proficient at fighting with a heavy sword as well, despite being farther back in progress than his brother.

    Susan, Lucy, and Clara on the other hand were being trained by Eolian and a faun called Briov. Clara thought of Briov as understanding but firm.

After only a day and a half of training, Clara was rather smug to admit that she could very well handle her own with a sword, having won a single fight against Briov — but only because she had slightly cheated.

Susan had grown rather fond of her bow and arrows, and trusted them with all her heart to hit their target; which they did very often. She was, although, no match for Eolian's skill and was often frustrated during the competitions they staged.

Dare she say, Clara had thought that Lucy was far better than Susan at aiming for a target. Even with one eye closed, the small girl could still hit a bullseye without a second thought.

"Now block, Clara!" Clara snapped out of her daydream and quickly raised her sword into the air, shying away from the clanging of metal against metal as Peter struck down upon her from horseback.

She slipped to the ground and groaned as her bum grew sore from impact.

Quickly, Edmund dismounted from his own horse and ran over to Clara to help her up. "You're alright?" He asked as he grabbed her hand in his, pulling her to her feet. As soon as her eyes met his, she looked away with a small blush.

Along with developing her newfound sword skills, she had to admit that she was slowly developing a little crush on the dark-haired boy, probably helped by his rather improved attitude than what he had before. He was rather pleasant to talk to now.

"Yes, I'm quite alright." She mumbled in embarrassment, Edmund only fueling the fire when he helped brush the grass off of her back. Peter stopped his horse in front of the two with a disapproving look. "You two get distracted so easily."