Chapter 18

The treat that Peter gave me earlier went well. It was another good time with him. But he still left me confused about what he meant when he said maybe someday as an answer to my question. I'm trying my best to understand his situation, but he still confuses me somehow, though I know he doesn't mean it. "Dinner's ready!" I heard my dad calling.

Nate immediately looked at me and hid his phone in his pocket, and stood up. The whole time he's here with me, silence has been surrounding us. I was uncomfortable with the creepy no-sound session we had together. It looked like he was plotting how to kill me. I pretended I was reading a book so I won't feel awkward doing anything. But honestly, I couldn't even understand a single word written on it.

I read one paragraph thrice because I could not analyze it. From the first second to the last one, it was what I was trying to read. It was cold inside my room but I've been sweating. At least now Nate's outside. I can swing. I don't know why he didn't even say a word to me and just kept on browsing through his phone. But I liked it since I was in less argument with him. I rarely enjoy arguing with people unless I know I'm right or when I'm in the mood for it.

I chose to stand from my bed and left the book I was reading on the page that I was trying to read earlier. As I walked down our stairs, I saw them sitting altogether already at the table. I sat on my usual seat, in front of Nate, and beside Eros. I just wish that he can be nice in front of the family.

Dad smiled as he offered me the plate filled with a vegetable salad. I don't like them that much but do I have a choice? It's what dad prepared for tonight's dinner so I got to eat it. I grabbed it from his hands and placed a few of it on my plate and gave it to Nate. His face is expressionless as usual. He does give a few expressions. Smirks, fake smiles, and anger, sour sometimes. I've never seen him smile for real.

He frowned at it. Oh, let's include this expression. The frown. "Vegetables?" He asked with his eyebrow raised. Oh boy, don't tell me he has something to do with the food tonight. He slowly touched them with his hands. Is here seriously using his hands to touch the food?

"Oh, umm, well if you don't like vegetables," dad starts as he stands and makes his way to the refrigerator. "We have some left pasta here from last night," he grabbed it and placed it on the table. Hold up, I saved that pasta because I want them. Technically, they're mine. "Hey!" I stood and grabbed the container. Dad looked at me and slightly smiled.

"Brit, I'll just buy you one tomorrow. Nate doesn't want the vegetables," ugh! First, the comforter, now my pasta. Is he trying to test me? I got to call god to help me with my temper. "But, dad. Do I look like I want to eat vegetables? No! I don't but I am trying to like it. Can't he do the same?" I rested my arms on the table and the plates slightly bounced because of the motion.

He sighed, I can't explain what type of sigh was but I'm pretty sure it was to tell me something that I don't get. "He's a visitor, it's okay," I rolled my eyes. Dad is always on Nate's side instead of mine. I'm his daughter here, hello. I had no choice so I sat back on my chair and crossed my arms as he smirked at me. I hate the smirk he gives especially when he wins against me. It makes me feel too weak.

I saved that pasta last night because I love them so much that I can't get enough of them and wanted to eat that some other time. Now, the food is vegetables and I am trying my best to tell myself that this is ice cream or a cake. But Nate's eating the food I saved up and it is against my will. Dad tolerated the way that he touched the food. This is hell.

With a lot of anger at him, I used my fork to get the broccoli. Out of all vegetables, this one is what I hate the most. I'm just acting as if I like it because mom cooked it and I don't want to disappoint her. While eating, I found my uncle and auntie both looking at me. I faked a smile at them and they both smiled back at me. They always treat me better than anyone else, how I wish they were my parents.

Not that I'm not grateful for my real mom and dad but because Nate doesn't appreciate the goodness they show.

"How was school today?" Dad asks,

"Good, just right," I answered and smiled. Now, I moved on a little from what just happened.

"What about you, Nate?" Seriously, bad guys always have bad days, which means he has a bad day.

My day was bad, so I am pretty sure he is much worse than mine.

"Pretty nice, actually. Basketball practice goes well, fun time with my friends and I've been having lots of good times in school. Hardships in math no more," he's good at bullying and teasing me but is even better at lying. Earlier, he got in detention again, thus, he had a score of zero in the math quiz we took, and now he's saying hardships in math no more? Can he even hear himself?

"That is nice, your mom must be so proud of you," dad speaks, only if he knows the truth about it, he won't say that. I was smiling while eating but deep inside me, my heart was frowning, choking, rolling its eyes, and laughing about what dad said. Him, saying that Nate's mom must be proud of me makes him look silly. Not his fault that he doesn't know anything about this jerk.

Nathan Maddox, is a bad guy but a good liar.

Author's Note:

My favorite song right now, Killer Queen by Mad Tsai. That's why I am feeling so confident as if I'm a villain. Do you guys prefer a bad guy like Nate or a soft guy like Peter?

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!