The Start

We start off this story with my brother 'Ralf' driving me to my old Elementary school as I had something going on and needed to be there for some reason. He parked the car, and we head in the main doors. We stop by the Engineering room that was used as a coat room for events that were held at the school.

 As we leave the room, a couple guys dressed in all black with masks come and grab us. We are brought to the Gym where there are dozens of cages, massive dog like cages, surrounding the walls all stacked up on each other. They drag my fighting brother and put him in a cage along the wall first and lock the door. The guy holding me then attempted to do the same to me, but I somehow get free of their holds and book it out the Gym doors. 

I start sprinting down the long hallway to the library as they started shouting and running after me. I had managed to lose a few of the guys chasing me and make it into the library. In the Library we had a small computer room with only 2 small doorways to enter. I ran in the small room and found a clean, recently emptied, garbage can and hid in there. 

I put my hand over my mouth and tried to slow my breathing to try and be as quiet as possible, as I could hear them shouting and walking outside the room. 

"Where did she go?"

"How did you lose an adult girl in this tiny school?"

"Go! Keep looking. She's around here somewhere." I remember hearing the last guy speak and something just told me that he was the leader. 

I sat silently, listening to them talk and come closer to my hiding spot. I heard 2 of the guys came into the room, quickly search and leave. I let out a small, quiet sigh. I thought I was in the clear. 

I was very, very wrong, because not even 30 seconds after the 2 guys left, I heard the leader talk. 

"Well, well, well, what nice looking bin we got there. It seems strange to me that it can move and make noises." 

I knew I was caught, and I started shake as I heard his boots get closer and closer till they stopped right in front of where I was hiding. The lid of the bin moved. 

"Now what, or should I say who do we have here?" The guy said. 

I started crying. He dragged me out of the garbage bin, tied my arms and feet and carried my sobbing, thrashing body back to the Gym. 

When we got there, I finally had a chance to look around and could see the other people more clearly. 

They were my friends and family, though strangely they were all my age. No adults. 

The guy carrying me started to speak, "I found the girl. Now, to make sure this never happens again I'm going to be teaching you all a lesson." 

He signals one of his other guys they go to my brother's cage and open it, dragging him out and over to us. The guys drop him about 5 feet in front of me, and with a nod as a signal from the leader, they start beating him. 

I started fighting the best I could with the restraints and was screaming at the top of my lungs, but I couldn't move or get out of his hold. My screams were loud, so loud that a few of the guys actually flinched slightly at the sound. After about 5 torturously long minutes, the leader finally told them to stop. 

He turned to the rest of room and started talking to us again, "This is what will happen if you don't follow the rules. We will hurt the people you care about until you do as we say." 

The leader then took me to a tiny cage that was separated from everyone else and put me in the small space, restraints and all still on, and locked the door. All I could do was look around at everyone, all the kids stuck in cages scared for their life, and I didn't blame them.

As I was watching the guys walk around, I noticed a boy around my age sitting close to the cage I was in. He had midnight black hair and icy blue eyes that starred at me with boredom. All I could do was stare back; I had no more tears to cry so I masked any emotion I had left. 

The leader started talking again, "Alright, we got everything we need. Let's load them up and get out of here." 

The next 30 minutes were complete chaos, guys running everywhere, grabbing the cages, and whatever else they needed. Soon, I was the last cage left, still the boy stayed and starred at me. He never showed emotion. Just a blank, dead stare. The leader came back, walked up to my cage and picked it up. He walked out to the main doors to where I guessed was something to transport all of us in while the boy followed silently behind us. 

He brought me to the truck where everyone else's cages were already stacked, tucked away like it was a game of Tetris. The only problem was that there was no spot for my cage. At this point I had just tuned everything around me out, I can hear that they were talking and trying to figure out what to do with me, but I just didn't care. 

I knew that there was no hope. 

The guys end up putting me in the back of the van, cage and all, with them. Next thing I know everyone was set and we started moving. 

I noticed the boy sitting by me again, but this time I caught the slightest bit of emotion pass in his eyes before he masked it again. The emotion I saw was curiosity, but I didn't care anymore. I just closed my eyes and tried to sleep, as I knew that that was my only ounce of escape that I could get... shutting down and shutting everything out.

~~~~

As I have mentioned before, ages will change as the story goes on. I am aware that it does not make sense, but this is just how it plays out. 

~~~~~Wings🖤~~~~~