Road Trip

When I woke up, the van was stopped somewhere and empty. Well, not completely as I was still trapped in there in the cage, but also the mysterious boy. 

He was still staring at me, unmoving and no emotion. But this time, instead of just silence, he spoke, "You don't move when you sleep, you know, not even an inch." His voice shocked me as it was deep and raspy, like he never used it much. "Also, your breathing is so quiet and slow the guys thought you somehow managed to die." 

The air was silent as I was trying to get over the fact that he actually spoke and that he was watching me the entire time. I, unlike him, no longer had a voice or the energy to try and talk to respond. So, I did the next best thing: Sign. (Sign language will be put in Italics)  

I know. I signed back, with the best of my ability seeing that I was still tied up, which seemed to have finally drawn a reaction out of him.

A look of confusion crossed over his features before he understood what I said, and the emotionless mask was back. 

"So, I'm going to guess that you either lost your voice, or you don't have the energy to talk." The boy was smart. I could give him that. Well, that and he was hella attractive, since I finally had the time to really look at him. He had tan skin, black hair, icy blue eyes, a sharp jaw line, and some well-built muscle tone. 

Or both. I shrugged. 

I could see a ghost of a smirk on his face before it was gone. I was confused but it that didn't last for more than 30 seconds because I could then hear the guys coming back to the van. They got in and we started moving again. One of the guys in back noticed that I had woken up, "Hey! Looks like princess is finally awake!" The guys all started laughing, everyone except the boy who never stopped staring at me. I decided that I didn't want to listen anymore, so I rolled over on to my side the best I could in the small cage and tried to fall back asleep. 

The key word was tried. Because a few minutes after I closed my eyes, reality set in on the fact that I couldn't move and was trapped in a very small space. 

The panic attack started almost as soon as I realized the situation. My breathing started to get faster and more ragged as the anxiety got worse and worse by the second. It got to the point where I started to cough, but I couldn't stop. I was dehydrated, in hysterics, and it felt like I could no longer breathe. 

The boy somehow was able to recognize my anxiety attack and started yelling to the other guys in the back of the van, "Grab a bottle of water!" There was shouting in the background, but I was too out of it to understand what was being said. 

"She is dehydrated, and having a panic attack, if she doesn't get out of there and get some water into her system she could die! Now if you don't want to deal with the dead body of what I am guessing is an 18-year-old girl, I suggest you give me a damn water bottle." The boy's tone was firm but deadly when talking to the others in the van. I could only guess that at the mention of having to deal with a dead body, they were quick to agree. 

There was something else being said somewhere from in the vehicle, something I couldn't hear over my coughing and pounding heart, but the boy responded with, "Fine, the restraints stay on, but she comes out of that stupid cage."

The next thing I know, I'm being picked up and placed sitting upright on someone's lap, with a bottle of water at my lips to where I could drink it. After a little over half of the bottle was gone, I pulled away to try and slow my breathing and finally stop coughing. Fatigue was setting in as I looked to the person who held and helped me, who I found to be the mysterious boy, and gave him what I hoped was a grateful look before passed out once again. 

~~~~~Wings🖤~~~~~