Chapter III

It had been about seven months since Ekko first decided to train Lennie. She quickly grew on both the brothers quite quickly. He loved her like she was his little sister. He was also quite confident about her heritage now. She possessed an aura to her like she could kill the entire Undercity if she reached her full potential. And Ekko intended to guide her until she could reach that.

He was currently leaning against the door of a street-fighting club. And yes, he was a street fighter. He had just started a month ago but was doing well. He had decided that he needed to find a more stable source of income than running errands for gangsters. He also preferred not to sell drugs like some other pre-teens. The manager of the club had seen Ekko practice fighting on dummies and had decided to give him a chance.

Due to being a twelve-year-old, most of his opponents underestimated his skill and got complacent. Besides, he was a really fierce fighter, having trained against real-life monsters. He'd fought six times now and had won five times in a row. He went by the code name 'Serpent', after his favourite animal.

He was drifting into his thoughts when suddenly, a young ten-year-old came up to him. He had a dark red mop of hair, piercing blue eyes, and a very skinny but strong physique. 
"Hey, Jason." He greeted him.

"Hey, bro! Ya seen that chick anywhere?" He asked with a hopeful look on his unhealthily pale face

"Lennie? Dude, she's eight. What're you doing here anyway?" Ekko questioned, a bit disgusted.

His face fell a little. "Oh, uhh-Ma kicked me out again. Gettin' used to it, though. I just wish she'd stop doing those drugs, they f-"

"Language."

"Bruh," He looked at him pointedly. Ekko shook his head with a small smile and pointed behind Jason. "-Oh, sorry..."

Lennie and Carlos were climbing down from the roof of a random shophouse across the street, well within hearing range. "HI!!!" They excitedly waved at them. Jason gave a small smile and blushed really hard. That boy. "Well, I uh, gotta go get some extra shillings. Bye!" And with that, he ran off.

Ekko chuckled. Lennie's eyes widened. "Did Jason say the bad word?!"

"Kinda. Did your Dad give you a hard time coming here again?"

She groaned. "Yeah, it's sooo annoying! I mean, I know he just cares about me, but still..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~