vii - ii. what it's like to have fun

◾️◽️◾️

◾️◽️◾️

"why am i getting dragged again?" the umi prodigy asked to himself out loud.

the answer his question was found when he looked at his right arm that was wrapped with a thick band of thread, connecting him to his e/c eyed companion who had the other side of the thread also wrapped on her left arm.

"you have to meet iruma and alice, i'm sure they'll like you." the cambion smilingly remarked, tugging the thread quite forcefully to drag the white-haired demon who walked agonizingly slow.

"i'm telling you, i have other stuffs to attend-" the demon replied exasperatedly, " i don't have time for your shenanigans."

y/n giggled delightfully, turning to face him with a close eyed smile. "that's a lie, my sweet little nami."

"it's not, and stop with the stupid pet nam-!" his defiance was cut off when a finger pressed itself onto his lips. it was no surprise when in the next second, he found himself face to face with the cambion with little to no proximity at all. 'honestly, this girl and her guts- just who does she think she is?!'

"shush, i can hear something." she whispered, backing off (to which he was very grateful for) and tugging him harshly to exit the hallway and hide near one of the many bushes of the school's garden.

"-it's no use then!" they heard clara's familiar voice yell. "i'm stupid, so i have to give people things so they'll play with me. it's to make up for me being such a nuisance!" the ram demon yelled painfully, cheeks tinted by a hue of red and tear stains as she desperately tried to wipe them off.

"hey..." umi hesitantly started, "weren't you the one who said that it's not nice to eavesdrop, we should proba-"

his words got caught up to his throat when he turned to look at his companion, who- for the first time; looked very vulnerable. upon feeling his gaze, y/n immediately looked away and when she looked back, there wasn't a single trace of vulnerability left plastered on her face.

"-play with you even without those things!" iruma yelled out with determination. the first part of his declaration went unheard by the eavesdropping duo because of y/n's sudden show of vulnerability.

if the next scene were to be in a movie or a show, it would've been so heartfelt and romantic. but since umi and l/n were in fact seeing it in person, it was awkward as hell. heartfelt but awkward nonetheless.

iruma and clara were both on their knees, facing each other while the former held the latters hand- saying sincerely- "because i have a lot of fun playing with you, clara. and i'm sure y/n and azz-kun does as well." the ram demoness looked at him doubtfully, "really?"