Chapter 1

"Dad, why don't the stars fall from the sky? Why are they always up? My ball comes down every time I throw it up." The 3-and-a-half-year-old little girl questions her father as she is lying on the grass between her mother and father in her mansion's backyard. The man chuckled upon hearing the childish question from his adorable daughter and said, "Because they are precious, my baby, just like you.

The sky holds the stars to itself because it is scared that it will lose them if it lets them go. This world will take these beautiful stars if the sky lets them go. Hence they need to be protected just like I protected you and your mother." He says this, kissing his wife's hand and smiling at her. She smiled back and turned towards Y/N. "Why don't you sleep, honey? It's pretty late." "No Mom! I have one more question!" she said, sitting straight and crossing her arms while pouting cutely. "What is it?" her father says, chuckling, enjoying his little family.

Dad, will I also get protected just like you protect Mom?" She asks, knowing her mother would barely get out of the mansion. Her father never allowed any of them to step out of their huge house. They are always protected by him. "Yes, my dear. There will be one for you. He will protect you from this evil world," he replied, smiling at his daughter while creasing his wife's hair softly. She smiles and turns towards the sky again, thinking about the 'he' that his father explained to her at a young age.

She was bound or caged into a transparent trap from birth itself by her parents. They believed she needed to be protected, unharmed, untouched, and, most importantly, unseen. Her mindset was molded by her parents however they wanted to. Since she was too young to understand whatever they said was extremely psychic, she believed in all of it without question. She never questioned some of the beliefs that were instilled in her. Resulting in her becoming bound by the constraints of her upbringing.

She just knew one thing: her father is a millionaire who rarely lets his wife go out. Whenever she needs to go, she has to go with her husband but without her daughter, because she hasn't stepped out of the mansion at all. She isn't supposed to do that! She knows she needs to be protected, unharmed, untouched, and unseen! Just like a star, but she should be unseen because she is little (much) precious. She understands that her value is not in being seen, but rather in being protected and cherished like a precious gem. She wants to shine like a star, but only from a safe distance.

-

That night was young. Two couples who were best friends with each other reunited after a long time. "Hahaha...Oh my God, this is such a good feeling to meet after a long time." Sumi said to the couple in front of her at the dining table. "That's true," Ria said, smiling and enjoying her best friend's company. The 6-year-old boy was enjoying his steak with his parents, who were a strange couple to him. "Taehyung has grown up a lot, Sumi. It's amazing how time flies, isn't it?"

Ria says this to her friend as the little boy looks up from his plate at the woman in front of him because of the mention of his name. "Oh yes! We haven't met for six years. I missed you," she says, chuckling. She then proceeds to share some of the highlights of her life during the past six years, hoping to catch up on what her friend has been up to as well.

"Well, my daughter is—" Ria abruptly stops in the middle of her sentence, realizing she spilled the beans. She tried to cover up, but it was too late. The young couple gasped, and the man said, "You have a freakin daughter, Lucas?" Umm, yeah, I guess," the man said, glaring at his wife because this was supposed to be a secret. "What do you mean by 'I guess' and why didn't you tell us?" Sumi says shocked.

The little boy who was in his world was suddenly dragged by his father upstairs. He noticed a beautiful pink door at the end of the hallway. A simple door made him curious about who or what was on the other side of the door. Lucas opened the door and motioned for everyone to come in. The little boy saw a little girl's shadow on the curtain because of the reflection of the moonlight that directly hit the petite figure of the girl.

Upon entering the room, the first thing some would see was a door to the balcony, 10 steps away. On the right side, there was a bed filled with soft stuffed toys. Right beside the bed was a beautiful white curtain because Y/N wanted a separate soft corner for her doll house.

The 6-year-old went to see the girl. The reflection of the girl made him feel curious about this petite lady. Entering the other side of the curtain, he saw a girl combing a doll's hair. She wore a beautiful red dress, which made her extremely cute and pretty. She turned around, noticing a figure looking at her with wide eyes. Taehyung was awestruck by her beauty; the figure's beauty in front of him made him feel like he was in a dream, and he didn't want to come out of it anytime soon.

"Angel!" He called out softly, making the little girl frowned. "My name is Y/N." She stated this angrily while crossing her arms in front of her chest.

No, no, you are an angel." He started with the same attitude. "My angel!" He exclaimed as he hugged her tightly. She smiled back at him, knowing that she was his rock and would always be there for him.