𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗩.

ELEANOR NAVIGATES HERSELF through the princess's palace, a bit familiar with the layout and interior

ELEANOR NAVIGATES HERSELF through the princess's palace, a bit familiar with the layout and interior. After getting a wink of sleep, she soon visited. 'I wonder who Cayena wished for me to meet..' she thinks to herself inwardly. 'Is it.. Lord Kedrey?'

Eleanor hums softly to herself, it was possible but at the same not quite. Cayena's lady in-waiting soon saw her and immediately informed the princess in her bedchambers. "Elena, you're too early." Cayena strides out of her chambers with an gentle smile.

"My apologies, it was an old habit of mine." Eleanor chuckles, scratching the side of her neck lightly. "Hm, it's alright. I'm quite familiar with that habit of yours," Cayena merely shakes her head, going to the heiress's side and linking arms with her.

"The person I wanted you to meet is in the green-house, I actually was about to head there." Cayena informs promptly, whilst Eleanor tilts her head to the side. "Aren't you going to tell me who it is now?"

"Hm. Not quite, I'd like for it to remain.. a surprise!" Cayena chirps, gently dragging Eleanor through the halls like a pair of kids swiftly towards the green-house. "Yena.."

Eleanor pants, hand atop her chest in exhaustion after taking a mild jog towards the green-house. Cayena giggles, patting Eleanor's back assuringly. "Sorry, You were quite slow." Cayena jabs jokingly.

"Your Highness.?" Someone weakly calls out, causing Eleanor to halt upon recognizing the voice. "Olivia, sorry for making you wait." Cayena apologizes gracefully, whilst the heiress straightened her posture immediately and offered an sophisticated smile. "I'd like to introduce someone to you,"

"This is Eleanor Laris, the heiress of the Laris Duchy and the fiancée of Rezef." Cayena motions towards Eleanor who neatly tucked stray strands of her locks behind her ear. "Elena, this is Olivia Grace, my lady in-waiting."

"It is a pleasure to meet you, your ladyship." Olivia bows her head, while Eleanor did the same. An wistful emotion laid beneath her crimson eyes, one of pity.  "I feel the same way, Lady Grace."

Eleanor currently didn't hold any hard feelings against Olivia, although there were quite a few times in her past life where she took all her anger out on Olivia for the disloyalty of her husband. While Eleanor didn't really bother hurting Olivia physically, high-society did it for her.

The whole aristocracy naturally sided with Eleanor, the one with more power than the concubine. There was one regret Eleanor held about Olivia, when the aristocrats tormented her brutally, Eleanor knew but didn't move a finger about it.

The heiress heaves a inaudible sigh, snapping out of her trance. "Please serve us some tea." Cayena orders a nearby attendant, whilst beckoning for the ladies to sit. If Eleanor were to treat her more kindly now then it would only be satiate her own guilt about the past, so maybe, it'd be best to treat Olivia fairly.

"Eleanor, are you alright? You seem to be in a daze." Cayena easily slices through her suffocating thoughts, concern dripping off her tone. "I was simply thinking about my future plans, I apologize for my inattentiveness."

"You seem to not be sleeping well.." Olivia points out the eye-bags adorning the heiress's face, while Eleanor smiled but one that didn't reach her eyes. "Oh my, is it that obvious?" Eleanor queries, as she recollected that she dabbed makeup on her under-eyes to hide it.

"You've been working hard lately Elena, is there something weighing your mind?" Cayena can't help but ask, concern flashing beneath her brilliant cerulean hues. Eleanor recalls the scrolls revealing her father's affairs, and a potential mistress that can be introduced officially.

"No worries, it's simply my household affairs. Quite a lot of trouble has been stirring recently." Eleanor smoothly lied, placing her hand atop Cayena's briefly to reassure her before retracting it. "That's such a shame.. if you want, you're free to return to the manor now and rest."

Cayena suggests, sharing concerned glances with Olivia. 'I think what I'm feeling right now would only worsen if I see his bastardly face.' Eleanor thought inwardly, balling up her fists on her lap before shaking her head.

"I'm alright. Please don't worry about me, I came here to the palace for a new pace hm? Let's resume with the tea-party." Eleanor motions, as the servant holding a tray of tea neared them and promptly placed the tea-set down, pouring each of them cups.

The servant bows briefly before scurrying away. "Do you plan on holding a salon, Cayena?" Eleanor inquired, diverting the topic into something else. A salon was an gathering of young noble ladies to converse about the latest trends, rumors and jewelry. In a way, it was a great way to get information as some ladies have quite the loose lips.

"Maybe not, I think many wouldn't really attend." Cayena chuckles, as Olivia halts from sipping her tea and swiftly placed it on the platter. "Your Highness, I'm certain plenty would attend! Please do not belittle yourself."

"Lady Grace is correct, Cayena. Dozens are curious about the princess, so worrying about trivial things is practically useless." Eleanor assures, making Cayena smile comfortably. "Thank you. Maybe I'll hold one in the future, but maybe not now."

Eleanor simply nods, deciding to not push the topic any further while they conversed about other menial things alongside Olivia. Deep inside, joy welled up in Eleanor, making her forget reality in a moment while spending time with the princess and Olivia. 'This is a chance to change myself for the better.' Eleanor thought to herself, an smile stretching out on her features, an smile that finally reached her eyes.