𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗩𝗜𝗜.

REZEF ENTERED THE BANQUET halls once more, after conversing with count Zenon

REZEF ENTERED THE BANQUET halls once more, after conversing with count Zenon. Cerulean eyes scanning the crowd to look for Eleanor, lips pursed in impatience. 'Where did she..' Rezef walked to look for her, and finally spotting her talking to a middle-aged woman.

"Rezef..? Are you looking for someone?" Cayena's voice sliced through his darkening thoughts, his head turning towards her before his gaze followed promptly. "Do you recognize the person Eleanor is conversing with?"

Cayena follows his sharp gaze, noticing the silver-haired lady amongst he bustling crowds with the middle aged-woman. "I reckon it's Lady Simone of the Miya county. May I ask why?" Cayena quipped, an uncertain unusual feeling stirring within her.

'Is Rezef planning to do something?' The princess thought to herself, observing her younger brother's body language. "I'll be right back, sister." He breathes sharply, approaching Count Zenon. "Give me all the information about Simone Miya. Now." Rezef whispers impatiently into his ear.

The count's eyebrows furrowed momentarily in confusion before leaving the banquet to get the files the crown prince asked for. Rezef soon followed after, as they met in the dim corridors in-front of his study. "These are the files I can get my hands on for now. I can search for more in the morning." Zenon stated.

Rezef's eyes narrowed as he skimmed through the papers. "What's her relationship with Eleanora?" Rezef turned to face him, arching an eyebrow as he awaited the response. "There are rumors that Lady Laris is deliberately supporting the Miya county or more specifically, Lady Simone financially."

"Lady Simone has a child which is two months old, but the father is unconfirmed. There is speculation that Duke Laris is the father due to a scandal they had months ago - they were seen together in a motel." Count Zenon purses his lips, noticing the grim expression the crown prince had. 'What is he planning to do now..'

"An illegitimate child?" Rezef scoffs, throwing the crumpled  paper onto the ground before turning his back. "Send assassins to kill Simone, include the child if you must. We mustn't allow such insects to surround Eleanora." Rezef ordered with a tone of finality before returning to the banquet halls.

"Damn it." Count Zenon cursed under his breathe, messig the hairstyle he sported for today's occasion. 'Way to ruin my mood.' He thought inwardly with a sharp exhale, before walking down the corridors to do as said.

Cayena presses her back against the wall, hand clamped over her mouth in bewilderment at the conversation she had just heard. 'Eleanora has a illegitimate sibling?' Cayena chimes inwardly, barely processing this newfound information before jogging off to the place where the ball is being held.

The silver-haired female takes a light sip from her wine-glass, senses dulling once the bittersweet taste that burns in her throat sinks within her. 'This should be enough, I might get drunk if I continue.' Eleanor coughs, covering her mouth with a napkin.