I wandered the halls, looked at paintings and tried my best to memorize the rooms and where they were.

I've been here for two days, avoiding everyone as much as possible. I left my room at night to eat, and during the day if I wasn't hiding in my room I was walking down the halls that went mostly undisturbed during the day.

I hated it here, I always had the feeling that I was being watched and the urge to escape was suffocating me.

But I couldn't do that, not quite yet. I didn't know my way around California, I had no way of knowing how to get back home.

I could ask someone but there was always a chance I would be ratted out or kidnapped, and I wasn't going to get free just to be held hostage again.

My feet led me to the kitchen, and the surprise was clear on everyone's faces when I walked in.

"What?" I snapped, looking at all of them. Corey and Jake immediately looked away, and Tara cleared her throat uncomfortably. But Carrington had the exact opposite reaction compared to the others.

"I haven't seen you in forever! Are you settling in okay?" She asked with a smile.

"I'm fine," I huffed, opening the fridge and looking through it, "How come you guys live in a mansion yet have no food?"

"We order out a lot," Corey explained before Carrington took over the conversation once again.

"We should go out tonight," She twirled her hair in her fingers longingly, "It's been so long since we've gone to any parties or clubs,"

"We went out two days ago," Jake stated with more confusion than certainty.

"Yeah but we used to go out every night. And that doesn't happen anymore," Carrington pouted.

I knew why they didn't go out much anymore. I overheard a conversation Colby had with the boys after I got here and he had shown me my room. I couldn't bear to be in it with Ava's body still being there.

But the boys couldn't leave because they didn't trust me. Two of them had to be here at one time, which was interfering with whatever Colby instructed them to do.

"Maybe we can talk to Colby about going out," Jake offered, looking over at Corey to see if he would agree.

Tara grabbed my hand, seeming to plead to me unexpectedly, "Come on, Kiara you have to go with us! You'll have so much fun!"

I glanced over at the boys, who knew what I was and wasn't allowed to do. Even though the both of them could clearly see I wanted nothing to do with their festivities, the smirk on Jake's face said that I wouldn't be getting what I want.

"I think Colby would take you out. He takes out all the girls he fucks," He said, and I wanted so desperately to smack the smirk off his face.

But I didn't want to end up like Ava, so I clenched my fists down at my side instead.

"Come on, let's go see what he's doing," Corey waved us all out of the room, and since Tara didn't let go of my hand, I was forced to come along.

We walked down the extravagant hallways, stopping at every single room we passed to see if Colby was there. We were met with failure every time.

"Does anyone know where Colby is?" Carrington asked, poking her head into the parlor room where Sam, Gabby and Katrina were.

"Check the office," Sam suggested, "Him and Devyn were planning something but they should be pretty much done now,"

"Okay thanks brother," Corey said before pushing us along from where he was behind us.

"Wait!" Katrina yelled, "What's going on?"

I turned my head once again to see Katrina skipping up to us, her beautiful hair swinging behind her in its ponytail.

"We're going to see if we can go out tonight!" Carrington shouted, throwing her arms in the air.

"Really?" Kat asked, glancing over at Jake for confirmation, who gave them a nod.

We stared at each other in silence, unsure of where this was going next. Her dark eyes took their turn looking at all of us, a mysterious look on her face.

"Okay," She said, her smile returning before she turned around, talking over her shoulder at us, "Have fun!"

"Oh we will," Tara said sarcastically before we continued our hunt.

Colby was nowhere to be seen on the first floor, so we made our way to the second.

"He's probably in his office," Corey said suddenly, putting his hand on Tara and I's back to push us down the hallway towards his office.

"Colby!" Jake shouted, not bothering to knock since his door was open.

As Corey assumed, Colby and Devyn were sitting at his desk, across from each other. Both of them turned their heads to face us, Colby's expression looked annoyed while Devyn's looked fascinated and slightly relieved.

I wonder what in hell he was putting her through.

"We're working, what do you want?" Colby asked, glancing over at Devyn before looking back at us.

"On a scale of one to ten how busy are you?" Jake asked, leaning on the doorframe of the office.

"Busy enough. Go away," He huffed, twisting his rings in his hands.

"We want to go out tonight," Carrington butted in with a smile. "You deserve a break, let's go have fun,"

To all of our surprise, Colby had a thoughtful look on his face, considering what we, well they, wanted. It frightened me that he was staring right at me, biting on his top lip as he thought.

"Okay," Colby looked at Jake, "You plan it, don't fuck it up. Now leave us alone, we have work to get done,"

Carrington and Tara looked the most excited, Tara letting go of my hand to clap and Carrington jumping up and down.

For girls who used to go out every night they seemed awfully excited to be doing it again. Even though according to the boys they went out two days ago.

"Make sure she goes," Colby said, and I looked over to see him respectfully pointing in my direction.

I gulped, unsure of what that meant, "I don't have any clothes to wear," I made the lame excuse.

"The girls will help you," He said, "Now for the final time, get out,"

Colby's voice turned cold once again, and we actually listened to him this time. Everybody except for Colby and Devyn left, Tara shutting the door behind them.

"Are you excited?" Tara asked as we made our way to my room. She was going to be the one helping me get ready apparently.

"Eh. I don't-" I couldn't tell them I didn't know my way around California and that this was the first time I ever went out here, "I don't know what to expect," I rephrased.

"It'll be fun, don't you worry. Plus, I'll make you look so good you'll have Colby all over you all night long. How's that sound?" She asked, and I walked in front of her to get into my room to help hide my face that was red from the comment she made.

"Fantastic," I said uneasily. I still didn't know how to feel about all the girls believing that I was only here for the purpose of being Colby's fuck buddy.

In reality it was so much worse than that.

"Okay, let's take a look, yeah?" She swung open my closet doors, the doors I rarely opened. Knowing that Ava had once worn all of these and now her blood stains were still on the floor in my room was something that made me disgusted.

But when I escaped this place and closet would be nothing but a memory.

A memory I'd hope to forget.