22

That moment was one I daydreamed about for days. It was impossible not to.

There were no words to describe it because it felt so perfect, so fitting.

But Colby never brought it up again, so neither did I.

The night following our return from the beach, Colby insisted he returned back to "real" work. Kat was kind enough to elaborate for me.

Normally, Colby would leave early in the morning but be back in the afternoon. Sometimes he'd take one of the boys or Devyn or he'd leave in the afternoon and come home late at night.

Colby and I kept our "relationship", if you will, very low-key. We didn't show much affection to each other unless we were in one of our rooms, though here and there he'll sneak a kiss on my cheek when nobody's watching.

He's two different people and it's odd to me. Colby's a stern, coldhearted pain in the ass but when I'm alone with him he's sweet, the nicest person I've ever met.

He slept in my room, twice. The first time was when we came home from the beach, and I came out of the shower to see him passed out on my bed. He left the next morning, doing god knows what all afternoon.

I never asked him what he did while he was out, simply because I didn't want my image of him being ruined. I knew one day he'd tell me, when I was ready and asked for it.

But now, I had gone to sleep with Colby in my room. I went to sleep more easily with him there beside me.

I felt something warm against my cheek, and I hummed as my eyes fluttered open in the dark.

I didn't realize what was happening at first, but it was just Colby.

"Hey," He whispered, and once my eyes adjusted to the dark I realized he wasn't in bed but instead leaning over to me from the edge of it, fully clothed and ready to leave, "I gotta go,"

I turned my body to be able to see him better, rubbing my eyes to get rid of my drowsiness. "Bye," I said quietly to him.

He seemed dissatisfied with my nonchalant attitude, but he let out an almost silent chuckle, anyways.

"Go back to bed," He ran his fingers through my hair, placing his lips on my forehead quickly before standing up fully.

Even though he was standing right beside me, I already just wanted him to crawl back into bed. But it was easier for the both of us, only because he left before anyone else was up. So in the case someone was to come into my room it wouldn't be an awkward situation.

I waited until a couple minutes after Colby left the room to sit up. He didn't know that I stayed up after he left, but that was because I didn't want him to try and convince me to go back to sleep, which I figured he would.

I rubbed my eyes again, running my hairbrush through my hair that I kepet on my nightstand.

I swung my legs around so they hung off the bed, sliding my feet into the slippers I found a couple days ago. They were cute, little light gray things with bunny ears and a nose on them. It seemed very immature of me to own but it wasn't like anyone would judge them too badly.

I made my way over to my door, turning the knob and pulling it open slowly. I waited a moment to listen and see if anyone was awake, and as usual there was not a sound.

I crept down the hallway, down the main staircase and down the hallway into the kitchen.

I shook my head with a smile on my face as I realized Colby left the light on in the kitchen, along with every single one leading to the front door.