Chapter thirty-five.

The five of us spent the majority of the day coming up with a plan to play out later in the evening. I continued to tend to Franky, checking everything was okay regularly until we felt it was safe for him to go to his room and sleep. So far we have come up with a plan we are ninety percent sure will work. That ten percent is looking rather daunting, however.

I'm going to accompany Adriano to the casino as his wife. Enzo will attend by himself in a different vehicle and stay clear of us unless needed. He will deal with the security cameras and technical issues, whilst myself and my husband complete what we set out to do: kill our two targets.

It's now quarter past nine in the evening and I'm fastening the strap of my heels, swiping my thumb below my lip to catch the smudges of red lipstick. Feeling grateful I packed another dress, I smooth my hands down my frame, staring at my reflection nervously. The red, silk dress swoops down low on my chest, clinging to my waist before falling freely at my feet. I leave my hair as it is, curls bouncing around my face and kissing at my open back. Adriano stands next to me, adjusting his tie before dropping his hands to his sides. He meets my eyes in the mirror, I turn around to face him.

'It's going to be fine, we'll be thirty minutes tops. No one will hurt you, that, I promise.'

He captures my lips in a kiss, sliding his hands down to my waist just as Enzo walks in the room and abruptly stops.

'Uh- we've got to go guys..'

I attempt to pull apart out of sheer embarrassment, however Adriano refuses, continuing to kiss me as he ushers Enzo away with a simple hum and wave of his hand.

'Adriano!'

I try to sound shocked, but I'm laughing as his name tumbles out from my mouth.

'What, can I not kiss you in front of people?'

He asks, a small smile tugging at his lips.

'No, it's not that! You just probably made him feel awkward. It's manners- duh!'

He chuckles, leaning his head back as his chest rumbles under my open palm, before meeting my gaze again. He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear, his thumb stroking at my cheek.

'I'll kiss you in front of whoever I please, whenever I want, and wherever I want. If you'll let me of course?'

Now I'm giggling, planting a chaste kiss on his cheek.

'You're crazy.'

Then I'm tugging him out of the room, telling him I'll be down in a moment before taking a left down the corridor. I knock on the dark wood, waiting for an answer before pushing open the door. Franky lays with his head propped up by a few cushions, watching me as I drop down onto the bed beside him.

'You look better than I feel.'

He says, patting my knee. I laugh, retrieving the new phone from my small clutch and holding it between my fingers. Enzo had given it to me earlier, as per Adrianos request when he realised I no longer had a phone. He had traveled all the way out to the store just to buy me a phone, which I assured them many times I did not need.

'I have your number, you should have mine once I send you a message, so you can call me if anything happens. Promise you'll tell Marco if something feels wrong? I'm no doctor and I very possibly could have given you some sort of incurable disease or infection with my DIY stitches..'

He's laughing but I'm being one hundred percent serious. I have no clue if that whole burning the needle thing even works, I just saw it in a movie and hoped for the best.