The Truth

!!! WARNING !!!

This chapter may have some scenes that many will not find very pleasing. Please read on with caution as this is a very important part in the story. I just had this idea and I will not be changing the title so... just read with a bit of caution if you don't like blood or abuse.

(Y/N) POV

I wake up.

Mother isn't here today.

I try not to make a sound because I don't know if she has left for work yet or not. I really hope she has. I don't want to see her this early in the morning again. I'm still recovering from last time.

After about 10 minutes I get up and turn on the lamp. The glass and blood I forgot to clean is now stuck to the floor, dried and somewhat fused. But there was something off.

Why are there tiny prints in the blood?

I panic slightly as I see the prints went from the door to my bed. The tracks seemed to stop, but I haven't seen under the bed yet. I get up and decide that the prints can wait for later.

I have more important matters.

I walk to the door and struggle to reach high enough to open the door. I eventually just get my chair to open it and it opens with ease. I walk out into the kitchen and make a dash for the fridge. I pull it open and grab the first thing that didn't have plastic or mold on it and ate it in one bite, which happened to be a slice of cake. Hopefully she won't know it's gone.

After I was done scarfing down some good food I go and turn on the TV. I never get to watch it so might as well see why Hop says it's so good.

??? POV

My eyes slowly drift open as I see the light peeking in from the small crack under the blanket. Now that I see it in a bit of light, the blanket looks a bit... rougher than most I've seen.

Oh well. It's probably nothing.

I push open the blanket and-

What?

What the fuck?

Why is there blood and glass everywhere? Why is everything broken? Was it always like this?

The floor was stained with dried blood fused with glass with some of my footprints in it. Was I just too tired to notice?

The TV had practically no glass in the screen. The Wii had the buttons ripped out and it was bent in a way it shouldn't be. The table was basically unchanged other than some dried blood, and the chair was over by the door now. 

Who in the hell even had this much blood? Was some of it new and some of it old? I had a lot of questions yet no one to give me answers. But judging on how terrible this child's room looked I don't think I'd want to meet the person who could give me answers.

I walked out of the room and saw the kitchen was a tad bit better, but not by much. The only difference was that the child's room had more blood. There was only a tad bit of blood in the kitchen compared to the blood that was everywhere in the other room. The less blood was balanced out by more glass and the beer bottles everywhere. The smell of alcohol was so strong that it could make a person who can't hold their beer drunk from a small whiff.

I walk into the living room and accidentally bump into the boy who I assume was the lump on the bed.

(Y/N): AAAHH!

???: MAAAH!

I accidentally jump back and use a move. Curse.

Arceus, this hurts a lot. I open my eyes just to see the big nail from my move get into his head.

I worry a bit. You see, curse is different for Pokémon and humans. For Pokémon it either hurts you and damages the opponent every turn, or it boosts your stats. For humans it's a lot more luck based. For humans, curse can have no effect, a bunch of effects, one effect, or so many effects that you can't even count them. The curses are random for humans. Sometimes it might be good, sometimes it might be bad, you can never truly know until you see it for yourself.

The kid looks a bit scared, but it's probably just from me being here.

???: Marsh?

I tried asking him if he was ok. He seemed to understand my body language and replied in a very soft and quiet tone.

(Y/N): I'm fine, I've been more scared. I just thought you were Mother.

Why is this kid afraid of his mother? I don't understand humans very well but I don't think their young should be afraid of them.

(Y/N): What's your name? Are you one of those Pokémon I heard that one kid yelling about outside one time?

This kid has never seen a Pokémon? They're all over the place.

???: Marshadow.

I tell him my name as his face seems to brighten up.

(Y/N): WOW! You're an actual Pokémon!

I can tell he was trying his hardest to yell in excitement, but his voice sounded as if he had barely ever used it before. I felt so sorry for the kid.

(Y/N): Did someone finally send something to help me?

What? Is this kid serious? I just tilt my head to the side with how confused I am.

(Y/N): You don't know what I'm talking about? It's fine. At least maybe this is a way out of this fucking hell.

Holy shit did this kid just curse?! I don't think kids are supposed to be smart enough to use swears correctly. This kid doesn't even seem old enough to be speaking in perfect grammar.

I hear some Budew outside start making a lot of noise. The kid turns off the TV and cleans any evidence of him being there away in no time flat. He grabs my hands and throws me into his room, him following me right after. He slams the door and jumps onto the chair to lock the door.

(Y/N): I thought she wouldn't be home for another few hours..! Why is she home so early?!

What in the fuck did I get myself into..?