Stairs of Memories

Marshadow POV

We've finally got that blood out of the carpet. It took about 3 hours but we finally got it. We already got the kitchen because of how easy it was to get blood off of the tiles. There's only one place left to clean. (Y/N) said he's never been up there so we decided to go together to see what secrets the stairs may have. 

(Y/N): I always wonder how this started.

I wonder what brought him to say that. I tilt my head in confusion.

(Y/N): Eh, just a passing thought. Of how all of this happened.

Did he not know what happened to make him live in such... bad conditions?

(Y/N): I know how this happened but I just don't know why she views me that way.

He isn't even specifying what he means. Why is he being all confusing now?

(Y/N): Before we go up the rest of the stairs... how about I tell you how this all started?

I just nodded. Who wouldn't be curious as to why this all happened?

(Y/N): Alrighty then. Let's go back to when I was 3...

FLASHBACK (Y/N) POV

Once upon a time, there was a happy place in a small town at the back of the Galar region. There was a dad, a mom, a big sister, and a little boy.

That boy is me. I was happy. My father worked a lot of the day but always had time for me, mom, and sis. Mom used to have a job. She was fired. I don't know why she was fired but dad is really mad at her previous boss and I don't think it's just for firing her. Mom and dad started to drift apart. Dad would still come home but he would spend less time with mom. That's where is all started. Mom started to hate me and dad. She hated me because I had the same hair and eyes as him. When me and sis got home from school, mom would be drinking her juice and she'd hit me with the bottles. It hurt a lot. Dad started to notice a change in her behavior but said nothing of it.

That's when it all fell apart. I was getting off the bus with sis. Mom took a glance out the window and saw that I was winning the race to the door. Sis then just barely beat me after mom looked away from the window and went to the door. Sis walked inside but as soon as she stepped foot into the door she got hit with a bottle. It knocked her out cold and there was a lot of blood. Mom dropped the bottle as she saw that I was coming in after her instead of her after me. She planned to kill me. I couldn't believe it.

I screamed and ran away from the house. Mom chased me for only a few seconds before grabbing me and slamming my face to the ground. She was mad. She took me back to the house and broke a bottle. She then sliced me with the broken bottle straight on the chest. It was a giant wound. I was losing blood but then I saw dad come in the door. He ran and picked me and sis up. He told me to stay strong. I just coughed up some blood and tried to pretend I was ok by trying to get out of his hands. I could barely move. Sis woke up and saw me completely covered in blood. She started to cry. She was only a few years older than me. Why was she crying? Is the wound really that bad to look at? I tried to cover it. Dad had reached the hospital.

(Just pretend there is a hospital somewhere near the house.)

The nurse just took one look at us two and instantly called the doctors. I tried to pretend nothing was wrong but my eyes were so heavy that I could barely keep them open. Dad explained that mom did this to us. The doctors didn't believe him so I used the last bit of my strength to say a couple of words.

(Y/N): he's not lying...

I coughed up a bit more blood as they got up to an operation room. I had just noticed sis passed out. Must've been from the blood. I wouldn't blame her.

The doctors said something about numbing and anesthesia. I knew the first word but the second sounded like a medicine. They brought out a needle. I didn't flinch, cry, scream or anything. I had the energy to do them all but I knew nothing would hurt worse than the slash. I felt numb to the pain. It felt nice to not have to try so hard to act like I'm not in pain. I stayed awake the entire time they were doing things. I only fell asleep right after they were done. Next thing I know we were in a court room. I was next to mother. I tried to run. I tried to scream. Mother grabbed me and pretended to care. She tried to blame dad for how I am now. I tried to yell to let me away from her. I punched her in the face and ran to dad. I begged to not have to go with her. The jury looks at dad like he did something bad. Did they think I was just saying this for no reason? That was the first time I saw how shitty the justice system is for divorces. Mother won 50% of dad's money and the house.

(Seriously, what the fuck is up with that?)

I went with mom. Sis wasn't in the car so I believed she had gotten away from this person. I felt relieved. We got home and she instantly punched me as hard as she could once the door was locked and the blinds were closed. She beat the shit out of me. She threw me into my room and that was the beginning of the torture.

So how do you guys think I did with this chapter? I think I did pretty good. Here's a cookie for a bit of food.