Prologue

Naruto's Point of View

The battle against Kaguya and Zetsu was long and devastating. Nature has long been dead. The air was too unclean to breathe. The water is too dirty to drink. No other human is alive except for me. I wonder why I fought so hard. All I can see is blood. Bodies of my comrades who I failed to save. Hokage! Ha! How could I be Hokage when I failed to save my comrades. I wonder why I'm still alive. These seals are the only things keeping me alive. I feel my strength leaving. Will it be my time to join the dead? I guess this will be the end.

"Kit don't you dare give up on me now!" Kurama shouts.

"What can I do other than give up. There is no one left but us! I failed! Failed all of them! Why can't you just let me die in peace!" I answer.

"Kit, I know you're angry. You lost everyone. But death isn't the way out of this!" Kurama says.

"Then what is! There is nothing left!" I shout.

"Stoping shouting Kit and think. You're a seal master. You should be able to come up with something! Weren't you working on a seal that travels back in time?" Kurama states.

"I...Fine!" I reply.

I start remembering the seal I started to create with my dad. Edo Tensei was cruel but useful. With my dad's help, I learned his famous jutsu and became a seal master. But that still didn't help me save them. No, I can't think about that right now! I need to focus! So the seal was similar to my dad's Flying Thunder God Jutsu but with alterations. I start drawing the seal using my blood.

"Kurama, how far can we travel back with this seal?" I ask.

"With the chakra you and I have left probably before you were four years old," Kurama states.

"Would I combine with my past self?" I question.

"No, this seal will make you a new body that will suit you," Kurama answers.

"Okay, are you ready to do this?" I ask.

"Kit, let's do this!" Kurama answers.

Just like that, we disappear from this time, like we never existed.

---

Ughh, why does my head hurt? I open my eyes to see water surrounding me. An island, I'm on an island. But it's in ruins. Where am I?

"Uzushiogakure," Kurama says.

"My ansectors home?" I say.

I look around again and I can see them. The ghosts of my ancestors, their chakra, and the life this island possesses. I feel connected. Something is calling me, so I start walking towards it. It leads me through the broken ruins of this village. The call stops and I realize I'm at the center of the village. I look around and spot a seal in the ground. I prick my hand and let the blood fall onto the seal. Light flashes and the door opens revealing stairs. I start walking down and notice the carvings on the wall. This leads me to another seal, I drip more blood onto it and it opens. Revealing a library filled with seal knowledge. I also notice a katana and clothing. The Kanata is black with sliver linings of foxes running across it. I start walking towards the sword and touch it with my hands. A bright light blinds my eyes and I notice the foxes turning red.

"Kuruma, what is this?" I ask.

"The blade of destiny. It's been a long time since it chose someone to weild it," Kurama answers.

"What do you mean chosen?" I ask.

"It means I have chosen you, to wield the blade that I created," A voice says.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Unmei, it's been a long time," Kurama says.

"It has hasn't it. As the god of fate I have seen many things. But this is something I thought would happen. After all destiny knows best," Unmei replies.

"Why...why did you chose me to welid the blade of destiny?" I ask.

"I have watched over all humans and you my child are still pure. Even after what those humans did to you. After the war, losses, and pain you felt, you were strong. You wanted to change fate. So your will allowed you to come here. You soul is beautiful and my blade acknowledges that. So you my child will welid my creation," Unmei explains.

"How could I ever be beautiful and pure when I couldn't even save anyone!" I yell.

"That's not true Kit, you saved me," Kurama answers.

"Child I understand that you are angry. But you are back in the past now. So you can change what happens. Now before I go I give you my blessing, fate will always be watching," Unmei says and then disappears.

I pick up the blade and go to attach it to my waist. Wait, why does my waist seem smaller! I try touching my face and it feels smoother. Wait, why is my hair long and has red streaks. I rush outside towards the water and look down into the water.

"WHY THE HELL AM I A GIRL!?!" I shout.

"Kit, stop yelling!" Kurama yells.

"Kurama why the hell am I a girl?" I ask.

"The seal we used to travel back in time had one small condition," Kurama replies.

"Small! How the hell does changing my gender seem like a small problem?" I shout.

"Is there something wrong with being female?" Kurama questions.

"No, there isn't," I say.

"See, so I don't see what the problem is. Plus this will help you get back into Konoha way easily. Now that you don't look identical to younger Naurto and Minato," Kurama explains.

"I guess, but first I have to get used to this body. What would be my cover story? I still look too similar to younger Naruto." I ask

"When I was sealed into your mother I remembering hearing them speak about Minato's half sister who died. She was 6 years younger than him and they never met. All they said was that after his mom gave birth to her. She was taken by her dad, who was an Uzumaki," Kurama answers.

"That's very convenient. So now I am Minato's sister who lived with her father. Jumping village to village since Uzumaki's were still being hunted. At the age of 16 I lost my father to a rouge shinobi and started travelling on my own. I wandered around for a bit and ended up in Uzushiogakure where I learned more about seals. I remember my father telling me about my half brother so I thought I would go visit him," I plan.

"You will need something to prove it, do you still have the kunai your father gave you?" Kurama asks.

"Yeah, I do," I answer.

"So, now we just have to make sure you get used to that body of yours. Then we will leave," Kurama states.

"Yeah, but I am gonna learn everything in the scrolls we found in the library," I state.

"We don't have much time, but do as you wish. I'm taking a nap," Kurama states.

"Also what name would I use?" I question.

"Arashi," Kurama answers.