Chapter 8

Arashi's Point of View:

I have been travelling across the country making my way towards Kirigakure where the Mizukage is. It's been an easy journey so far. But I am keeping my guard up. Just in case Zetsu shows up.

"Kurama, we will move to plan B if the current plan fails," I state.

"Alright, but Kit why did you draw that seal on Kakashi. You know he isn't your Sensei Kakashi," Kurama asks.

"I know that he isn't my Sensei Kakashi. But this Kakashi has a chance of not ending up like my Sensei who was drowning in darkness. I want to save him. I know it may seem selfish, but I won't allow Kakashi to die on me again. I just can't. Watching everyone die the first time was hard, I won't be able to handle watching them suffer again. That is why I exist. To solve this problem," I answer.

"Kit, you carry such a huge burden on your shoulders. Why do you always do this to yourself? Don't you realize that you have never been alone from the start. I have always been by your side and will always watch over you. Now stop thinking about the past and think about the future we will save together," Kurama says.

"Kurama, you have always been by my side and I am grateful for that. You asked why I gave Kakashi such an advanced seal that I connected to myself. Part of the reason is so he doesn't die on me. But it wasn't just that. In that moment, I felt like something was telling me that I should put an advanced seal on him. Something that would protect him if necessary," I reply.

"Kit, you know that your Sensei Kakashi will never return to you. Not after all of this you are doing. A lot of people won't walk down the path they used to. Some will be saved, others will be doomed. But Kit, you must let go of the past and move forward if you want to save them all," Kurama states.

"It's hard. I feel like I betray who I am if I move on. Leaving them like they are some sort of old relic. A piece of me feels lost, submerged in darkness. What can I do to stop this pain?" I question.

"Kit, always remember no matter how much time goes by. You will always remember them. These people who made you who you are. They won't be erased if you move on. Watching you, guiding you, that is their duty. They believed that you could save the future, so they sent you back. Thus, Arashi was born. Don't ever regret this decision because it is dishonouring their memory," Kurama says.

"Your right Kurama, but the pain can't suddenly heal. I need time," I reply.

"Kit, you have all the time in the world. You are the one rushing and working yourself to death. You need to take better care of yourself," Kurama states.

"Yeah I know," I reply to Kurama in my mind and cut off the mind link.

I close my eyes and focus on all the Hiraishin markers I placed across the planet. I feel the marker that I placed near Kiri borders and teleport there. I know that if I remove the Mizukage's genjutsu recklessly, then Obito will escape. What should I do? Wait, isn't the six tails, Saiken's Jinchuriki in Kiri? So Utakata must be a child right now! I guess I should go find him first. Even though he may be a child, he is a Jinchuriki. So he can help me complete this mission. Also, I can fix his seal and introduce myself to Sakien! But what would we tell Sakien? We can't tell them we are from the future!

"Kit, don't stress about nonsense," Kurama says.

"Nonsense?! Kurama what are we supposed to tell your siblings when we meet them? Plus why hasn't the Kurama in Naruto questioned us? Can't he feel you inside me?" I question.

"I was wondering when you were going to ask," Kurama states.

"Really Kurama, just get to the point already!" I exclaim.