A Good Friend (Kazuha x GN!Reader)

Warnings: Mentions of death. (towards the end) 

~ ~ ~ 

"Wah...Kazuha, you're a beast!" You wailed that afternoon, flopping down onto your back. "You're actually scaring me, I'm not even kidding."

"I do apologize if I," he bent down, setting his sword aside, "startle you, Y/N."

Laughing, you slid an arm over your eyes, shrugging. Kazuha's language has always made you laugh. Ever since you first met him on one of your trips, he's never managed to crack you up with those words of his. He always seemed so clueless to you, wandering aimlessly around, smiling at everyone he talked to. Oh...you were dead wrong. He was cunning underneath, with just a hint of mischief, which you enjoyed getting out of him.

"Do I startle you, Y/N?" He asked again, concerned.

"Oh, nah...don't worry about it." You got up. "You're just a crazy sword user, that's all." With that, you grinned, tucking your hands behind your back. "I want to say that it's a lie that you taught yourself this, but I do believe that you are truthful, Kaedehara Kazuha."

"...I believe it was you who begged me without remorse to teach you how to fight with a sword," Kazuha stated, crossing his arms, "And now you are sulking."

"No I'm not!" You defended yourself.

"I do not permit lying–"

"YOU'RE LITERALLY LYING ABOUT ME SULKING–"

Kazuha just sighed. Then he walked around out, flicking up the sword from the ground. "Silence, now. Spar." He spoke, pointing his own sword at you. "Remember to stay light on your feet. And to," in a flash, he seemed to disappear.

You stood, turning your head as soon as you felt a light gust of wind against your cheek. The next thing you knew, Kazuha's blade was held right against your throat. It was pressed right against your skin, so you didn't bother to swallow. And you looked down at his hands, his fingers wrapped around the hilt, holding it still.

"Remember what I told you?" He asked, though he didn't sound mad at all. "Stay alert. In a fight against an agile opponent, your senses are your best bet."

"Well, I'm not like...all attuned with my surroundings like you are, man..."

"Then you shall become so." He told you calmly, sheathing his sword. Then he reached forward, his fingers brushing against your hand slightly as he lifted them up. "If you hold your hand like this, you can feel the wind just grazing your fingers."

You nodded, turning to him in amazement. You felt it. It was soft, like someone consoling you, someone telling you that everything would be okay. You turned back towards the sky, and you felt Kazuha's red hair tickle your chin.

"Oh, pardon me–"

"Don't...don't worry about it," you assured, still feeling the air blow through your fingers. "How...do you learn all this, hm? On your own."

"I actually didn't learn it all on my own." Your friend answered, resting a hand on your arm, telling you to set your hand back down. "A long time ago...I had a friend who I loved dearly. He taught me lots of things."

You raised a brow, intrigued.

"He passed. Who knows how long ago? He was slain by the Raiden Shogun, so it is natural that I seem to resent her for it...but I am not sure anymore."

"Why wouldn't you be? If some woman came in and killed my friend, I'd be pretty darn pissed as well."

"Well, it was upon my friend's choice. He was willing to die. And since he was my first true friend, I will always respect his decisions." Kazuha turned towards you, staring right into your eyes. "I never imagined I'd have another good friend. But I will promise you that your choices will be supported by me and well respected as well..." he reached up, grabbing a maple leaf, "you're like my family. The family that I've always wanted." 

(A/N): Aiya...this one is so short and that's because I didn't know what to write. Characters like Kazuha is always one of those characters that are hard to write since there's a fine line between him being in character and completely out of character TuT~ 

BUT HE'S A PRECIOUS BOI REGARDLESS, OKAY?! HE'S MY LITTLE BRO :]