Lazy Mornings (Kazuha x F!Reader)

This chapter is a Kazuha x Female Reader, so if you identify with he/him pronouns, DNI. 

In this chapter, Kazuha also refers to the reader as 'miss', so if you are not comfortable with being titles as 'miss', please don't read this chapter! ^-^ 

~ ~ ~ 

H/C = hair colour

That morning, it wasn't the nice, warm sunlight that roused you from your well-deserved sleep. It wasn't the bustling of animals that were awake so early in the morning. Instead, you woke up to someone combing his fingers through your hair. At that, you slowly opened your eyes, and was greeted by a soft smile.

"You're awake," Kazuha stated, his fingers trailing down to your cheek, "are you ready to get up, love?"

You closed your eyes again, reaching up to take his hand in yours. Then you shrugged, inching closer to Kazuha's body. This early in the morning, you always craved being with him. It almost seemed like you craved being with him all the time, wanting to shower him with all your love.

Laughing, he took a strand of your hair, splitting it into three. He started braiding it, smiling as he felt your soft, H/C strands in between his fingers. "Did you sleep late again last night?"

"Mm..." you shrugged, frowning.

"Y/N..." he said again, raising a brow, "I do recall instructing you to go to bed earlier. Are you not listening to me?"

"...hey, I do listen to you!" You mumbled, gripping onto the edge of his sleeve, pulling him down towards you. "I just don't want to get up today...it's too early to do anything."

"It's sunrise," Kazuha told you, laying down next to your side.

"No one gets up at sunrise!" You snapped. Slowly, almost sneakily, you wrapped your arms around him, bringing yourself into his chest. You let out a content hum, soaking up his warmth. It felt good, against the cold, morning air of Teyvat.

Kazuha watched, sliding an arm under his own head, his hand touching the soft, lush grass. It was like the two of you were lying on a carpet, in the comfort of home. And it almost felt as if he were at home. It always felt like that when he was with you. It was a miracle how being at home felt. It was safe, warm, and it always made him happy. He loved every part of it with his entire being.

He was brought out of his small reverie when you gave him a small kiss on the nose, leaning back to see what he would say.

"What's up with you this morning?" He asked with a laugh, pressing his forehead against yours.

"Nothing~" you sang, "Don't you think that this is nice? Just staying here together?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way, miss Y/N." Kazuha answered, his thumb brushing against your bottom lip. His eyes softened, and he brought your face closer to his own. "May I kiss you?" He asked, feeling his heart beat in his chest.

You laughed, throwing your head back. "Yeah? Why do you ask me each time?! It's not like we've never kissed each other before."

"Well...well...I don't know, I just thought that it would be more polite to ask you," he reasoned sheepishly, "was that not okay?"

"Nah..." you let your hand wander up his sides, eventually resting on his left cheek. You let him lean in first, taking his lips in yours just a moment after.

Kazuha felt his heart jump. Even though kissing your partner wasn't a big deal, he always thought it was. So many words could be said in just a single kiss. So many questions that are too hard to say could be asked. And so many of those questions could be answered. Maybe that was why kisses like these...rarely seemed to happen.

He let his eyes close, he let his arms wrap around your body, and only when you started to pull away, did he do the same. After that, he brought his fingers to his own lips, as if he could still feel your touch.

"I love you so much." You laughed, playfully punching his chest. "You're really something else, Kazuha.

Kazuha smiled at that, tucking his head into your chest this time. This time, he was the one that let out a sigh,

And there was nothing more for you to do either. You ran your hands through the red streak in his hair, giggling at the small whine he let out at the sudden touch. You felt him take your wrists, then look up at you with an eye open.

"I thought you were the one trying to get me to wake up," you teased, "who's the lazy one now?"

"Aw, shush..." he muttered, hiding his face again, "getting you to wake up takes time and energy, okay? Now I'm tired."

You laughed at his response, deciding to roll with it. "Very well, very well. Ha, ha!"