3 - Perfect Man

- Yeona PoV -

Me and Sieun quickly enter my chambers after the scene I just caused. We stand still in front of each other before bursting into a celebratory dance.

"Did you see that?!" I squeal as me and Sieun hold each others hands as we jump around in a circle.

"I'm not the scaredy-cat princess they think I am!" I exclaim proudly.

Sieun takes a step back and mimics me shooting my arrow.

"Your highness, you looked crazy cool," she shoots me a thumbs up.

I dust my shoulders, "I proved everybody wrong."

"But what are you going to do?" Sieun suddenly shifts the mood. "Queen Dowager is probably going to be barging in any minute from now."

I sigh knowing that Sieun is 100% right.

Though I feel like I made the right decision to shoot my own arrow, I can't help but also think it was a bad decision. Now all the government officials are going to talk about how unworthy I am to be Queen, and possibly... my next cup of tea will lead me to my death.

I plop myself on my mattress. I felt victorious... now... I await the devil.

"You know..." Sieun sits in front of me. "That one suitor... he shot right through the arrow."

"Lord whatever," I mumble.

I cross my arms remembering that very scene. I bet he felt like such a big shot, but alas, I shot his ego right down. Something mom would be cheering me on for.

"Lord Yang," Sieun corrects. "The son of Chief State Councilor Yang."

"He was quite handsome," she comments making me give her a crazy look. Out of anything, she's thinking about the suitors looks?!

Anyways... I think about the familiar title.

I've seen Councilor Yang plenty of times around the palace. It's as if he lives here, but I try to stay as far away from him as possible.

There's an extremely dark aura around him...

"I always thought Councilor Yang was power hungry considering how much he controlled King Yeongseok. Maybe he put his son through-"

I clap my hands together, "Didn't I tell you Park Sieun. All those sons aren't here for a good reason."

At that moment I hear footsteps approach my chambers.

I gulp. I just know it's...

"Entering, Lord Jongseong!" Eunuch Jangmo announces.

My heart beat starts to slow down, but my anger doesn't subside.

The doors open to the most cockiest, self-centered, jerk with an annoying smirk on his face...

My step-brother, Park Jongseong...

Sieun quickly stands up and bows to him before taking her leave.

"Embarrassed that you practically scared off all your suitors? Wait," he pauses laughing. "I'm surprised you even had any in the first place."

I scoff. Here he goes trying to insult me in any way he can. It's his jealousy. He knows he would never be seen as royalty.

"Maybe the Queen will finally realize that she should stop searching for a King when he's right here," he says doing a twirl.

I frown looking at this clown. For someone who doesn't have a title, he sure has a big head.

Lady Sena and Jongseong never left the palace. When I first came when I was 8, I didn't even know who they were.