10 - Just Like Magic

- Yeona PoV -

"... how pretty..." I hear Lord Jungwon say.

My eyes open from the sound of his voice. I look over to his direction slowly as he then seems quite shocked for whatever reason.

"U-Uh the sunset," he stutters as he points at the sun. "The sunset is pretty! I was complimenting the sunset, because uh.. it's pretty," his voice fades at the end as he quickly looks away from me.

I raise an eyebrow from his weird stutter about the sunset. Like hellooo, I know the sunset is pretty! What else would he have been talking about?

"I like to make my wish in silence," I then say pressing my pointer-finger against my lips.

He looks at me, "Ah.. sorry."

My eyes widen from his apology. The snarky remarks, the talk-backs, the insults... he never apologized but suddenly I'm hearing a "sorry" utter from his lips?! Someone pinch me!

Before I can even say anything, he then closes his eyes as he holds his dandelion to his chest.

I slightly smile. I thought he wasn't going to take it seriously... but he is...

Looking at my dandelion, many may think that wishing on it is like a sign of last hope. I understand that my wish hasn't came true yet, but I truly believe that one day... my most desired wish... will come true.

So as I close my eyes, I make my 10 year wish...

I wish to find my mom.

As the sun finally sets, me, Lord Jungwon, and Sieun walk back to the palace in silence.

I glance back at Sieun to make sure she's not too close to us.

"Ya... should we meet up to discuss more of our plan?" I question in a whisper walking closer to him.

He uses his pointer finger to move me away, "Back off."

I roll my eyes at him. To think we may have gotten just a smidge closer right now. I showed him a side of me that only Sieun really sees... ah whatever! It doesn't matter anyways..

"Me and the boys are finally going to have some fun after spending all our precious time with you," he lowkey insults. I see that they're back. The past hour was nice not hearing all of his rudeness!

"I think it'll be important to talk about our next steps. Your father is clearly ruining our plan so we have to find out a way to keep him out-"

"I'm off!" He cuts me off shooting a b-line to his chambers.

I stand there frozen with my jaw slightly dropped.

"Wow, talk about being rude," I comment crossing my arms.

"It seems Lord Jungwon has his mind elsewhere," Sieun then comments walking up next to me.

"Pft, he's just a jerk. Would it kill him to properly say goodbye?" I shake my head disappointed but not surprised.

"I don't think it's that," Sieun then says.

I look at her shocked, "Don't tell me you're defending him right now?!"

Sieun puts her hands up in defense. "It's not that. I agree that he's a jerk, but tonight I think he was coming off that way to cover something up," she answers.

"What would he be covering up?" I question curiously. 

"To my observations from today... he was looking at you the entire time up until now," she looks up thinking. "There was a weird shift from him today."