Chapter 2

Naruto and Sakura are waiting for their sensei. He was late as per usual. They had said their goodbyes to Temari and Shikamaru at the gates. "He sure hasn't changed, has he?" Naruto asks Sakura. "No, he has not..." Sakura says with a sigh. "What's with the long faces?" Kakashi says from the fence. "You are late, that is what..." Naruto says deadpanly. "Sorry, I had to help some old lady across the village," Kakashi explains. "Yeah, that's a lie!" Naruto and Sakura exclaim in an accusatory tone. Kakashi just laughs them off. They walk into the training ground. "This place sure takes me back..." Naruto says wistfully. "Come to think of it, this was your first training ground, wasn't it?" Kakashi asks. "Team Seven..." Sakura says while looking depressed. "Don't worry about Sasuke... I'll bring down Oto whole if something happens to him," Naruto says as he places a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Thank you, Naruto... But even you aren't strong enough to bring down a village by yourself..." Sakura says defeatedly. A warm and intense feeling passes over her. She wasn't sure where it came from. "Don't worry, I'm stronger than you realise..." Naruto says as he lifts his hand from her shoulder and the warm pressure left as well. 'Wait that pressure... It couldn't have been Naruto chakra, right? RIGHT?! It can't be that big!' She screams in her mind. 

"How about we start this test," Kakashi says after Sakura had calmed down a bit after Naruto's pep talk. "You remember the bell test..." Kakashi asks as he pulls out two bells. "Come at me like you mean it. Use deadly force to take the bells from me and.." Kakashi explains to them. "Teamwork, right?" Naruto says as he punches his fist into his open palm. "Correct," Kakashi says with a happy tone. "You will not read your book this time, right Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asks. "No... this time I think I need to take this seriously..." Kakashi says as he lifts his hitai-ate from his left eye. The Sharingan was staring them down. Kakashi did a double-take when he passed his glance over to Naruto. 'Holy shit! How does he have this much chakra!' he thinks. "Ohho, your Sharingan this early!" Naruto exclaims happily. "Yeah, don't disappoint me..." Kakashi says shakily. Naruto felt three presences in the forest watching over them. He knew it was Tsunade, Jiraiya and Shizune.

Naruto runs towards Kakashi before he can start them off. "Now this feels familiar..." Kakashi says as he blocks a punch from Naruto. "You are not going to scold me for starting without your permission?" Naruto says as he throws another punch. "You did put a convincing argument last time..." Kakashi says. Seeing that taijutsu wasn't getting him anywhere, Naruto jumps back a few paces. "Ninjutsu then..." He says to himself.

"You don't have to worry, Sakura. I'll take care of him myself," Naruto cockily says. He gets into a stable stance, takes a deep breath and goes through the seals of a jutsu, landing in a bizarre seal. "Mokuton: Mokuryū no Jutsu!" Naruto screams out. A head begins to creep out of the ground. It slithered out until it became 30 meters long. It was like a snake but had multiple sharp-looking teeth. "Wow..." Sakura breaths out at the magnificent jutsu Naruto just produced. "I would give up now, Kakashi-sensei..." Naruto says, and the dragon curls around Naruto. It roars, making a bone-chilling sound and bears its fangs toward Kakashi. Kakashi gulps. "No surrender?" Naruto asks one final time. Kakashi shakes his head. "So be it..." Naruto wills the dragon to attack forward. The slithering beast was deceptively fast for something of that size. Kakashi used every ounce of his speed to dodge the large Jutsu. Naruto took this opportunity to sneak up behind his sensei. He pulls out a kunai and readies himself for the final charge. He grabs Kakashi, puts him in a hold, and places his kunai to his throat.

"Now then... Care to spare me two seconds and tell me where the real one is?" Naruto asks. "Not bad, Naruto... But I guess you'll have to find me the old fashioned way..." Kakashi says as he disappears in a poof of smoke. "Tch... talk about annoying..." Naruto says as he clicks his tongue. The dragon roars when it feels its master's shaken control. Naruto places his hands in a snake seal, and the dragon's life begins to fade, and the carcass goes back into the ground. "That was amazing..." Sakura says to her teammate when he comes back to her side. "Yeah, but not amazing enough..." Naruto complains. "This is Kakashi we are talking about. No way one Jutsu will bring him down," Sakura tries to soothe his self-criticism.