Chapter 20

Naruto was sitting on a chair, looking over the two remaining elders. "I see you summoned us... Naruto-sama," The older man says. "Yes, I did. There is something you will tell me," Naruto says as he leans forward. "What can we do for you," The older woman says disrespectfully. "You will tell me what happened with Itachi," Naruto says. "What is there to-" The older man starts. "I know he didn't snap," Naruto interrupts. "So you better tell me right now or else..." Naruto warns.

A few seconds of intense silence lie between the three. "Itachi was ordered to assassinate the Uchiha clan. They were about attempt a coup," The older man says. Naruto closes his eyes for a second and thinks over the information. The older woman looked at the older man, wondering why he would tell this... child that. "What was your part in the order?" Naruto asks. "We did what we had to do!" The older woman screams. "Something you wouldn't understand," She snides. "I see... Danzo, huh? From now on, I'm letting you retire," Naruto says. "You cannot do that. Do you understand what we do for the village!" The older woman screams as she slams her hands on the table. "You are lucky I didn't execute you. But since it wasn't your order and we don't have the political capital at the moment to have a scandal on this scale," Naruto says and flexes his chakra for a second. "Now, since you do not have business here, you should leave. I have some important work to do..." Naruto says as he shows the elders the door. They leave after giving a shallow bow, and Naruto sighs deeply. No wonder Sasuke left for the Akatsuki. He slaps his cheeks and heads out.

Naruto walks over to the shadow clone that he placed as an intermediary for the time when he was firing the elders. "Anything interesting happened?" Naruto asks his clone. "Somethings, but I'll dispel now, so you get my memories," The clone says as he explodes in a poof of smoke. Naruto looks through the memories. Some citizens wanted more food. Others wanted more houses. They had also found a few pockets of Danzo's ROOT. Kabuto had escaped after the people had come back to life. It was easy to fix most problems with more clones or order some ninjas to help. Kabuto and ROOT, though, were more complicated to fix. He sent out a team of Anko, Hyuuga Tokuma, Ranka and Aburame Muta from the Infiltration and Reconnaissance Party to track Kabuto down and capture him. And the ROOT ninja had been placed on exciting ANBU teams. The rest of the ROOT was probably still loyal to Danzo. "Naruto-sama! We have received a summons to a Gokage conference from Raikage-sama! And some Kumo-nin are here as well!" A tokubetsu jonin says as he walks into his makeshift office.

"Accept the summons and let the leader in. I'll talk with them right away. Give me the details of the conference in a scroll ASAP. " Naruto says as he stands up from his desk. "By your will." The ninja answers. "The captain of the Kumo-nin is in Tsunade-sama's medical tent. You should probably meet them there," He continues as he bows his head not to seem rude. The wounded were handĺed in medical tents since Naruto couldn't use his mokuton to make a suitable hospital. "Also... Danzo... has also managed to escape..." The ninja says hesitantly. Naruto slams his hand into the desk. "What! How did that happen?! I warned them of his Genjutsu and strength!" Naruto screams. "Since it was ANBU escorting Danzo, we didn't find any corpses from where we lost contact with them, but we have to suspect foul play," He says. Naruto lifts his thumb to his mouth and bites on his nail. "Naruto-sama?" The ninja asks after Naruto has been thinking for a few seconds.

"I don't have the manpower to go search for him. I bearly had the manpower to search for Kabuto," Naruto says quietly to himself. "Put out a bounty on his head in the Bingo Book. He has some new crimes that I can not divulge right here. 10 million ryo for alive and 200,000 for dead... I want him alive so he can stand trial. Put a warning in that he may have an army and is way stronger than he looks," Naruto says, lowering his hand from his face. "I'll meet up with the captain of the Kumo-nin now," Naruto says as he walks over to Tsunade's tent. It was an excellent opportunity to visit Tsunade as well. He hadn't had the chance yet.