2

Jamie's POV:

"Pick up!" I repeated it over and over under my breath, panicking. I was ringing Imani but of course she don't pick up. Lazy fucker.
"Chill out man, it ain't even eight o'clock yet. She's not gonna be up bro," Kit said putting his hand on my shoulder before I shrugged him off.

I saw Stef turning the corner on his way to Ats' house for them to walk together.
"Oi Stef! Have a good day at school yeah? And tell Imani to bell me straight away. Can you do that for me please?"
"Yeah, in a bit."
"See you later yeah."

I put my hands over my face in frustration, letting out a dramatic sigh before getting in the drivers seat and slamming the door behind me. Kit got in seconds later and we went to pick everyone up.

———

Imani's POV:

"Bye Mum! Bye Mani!" I heard my little brother shouting as I groaned and slowly woke up.

Suddenly there were footsteps on the stairs again. Of course he forgot something.
"Mani, Jamie was proper stressed this morning all pacing and shit, said he tried to call you and told me to tell you to bell him soon as. Anyways see ya," Stef ran back downstairs after reciting a whole fucking essay as I sat up in confusion trying to remember and process what he said.

———

"J answer the fucking phone. Why you call me nine times this morning then don't pick up when I call you back? Acting like a little girl stop being petty," I rolled my eyes ending the voicemail and hoping he weren't in any trouble.

I carried on walking down the strip and was about to go in a newsagents to see boss and that, cos I was bored out my mind but my phone started vibrating. Finally.

"What the fuck bro? What's up?" I asked putting the phone to my ear and covering my other to hear better, as people were shouting up and down the street.

"You know the gym that we went to a couple times? The one A-Roadz go to now?" he asked ignoring my questions.
"Yeah, what's ha-"
"Meet us there in like twenty minutes, we gotta sort something first."
"Us? What are you sorting? Can you please at least explain someth-"
He hung up on me.

I was so confused but ran to the nearest bus stop anyway and caught the 307 which stopped right outside the gym after a fifteen minute journey. Now I just had to wait.

Five minutes of waiting in the cold went by when his car pulled up. The whole gang was in there which wasn't a good sign and they all looked out of breath like they had done some bad shit.

"Kit get out!" Jamie and him were arguing about who was sitting where even though it wasn't a big deal to me. Apparently Jamie thought different and he ended up winning the argument as Kit grumbled and got out, squeezing into the back with the others.

"It weren't that deep," I said laughing to Jamie as I shut the door. I turned to the others. "What happened? Cos this dickhead won't tell," I said crossing my arms.

He gave them a look through the drivers mirror, making me cover it with my hand. They all looked between each other, unsure of what to say.

"This is bullshit," I said leaning back into my car seat and looking out the window.
Farah tried changing the subject, "So, what you been up to? We haven't chat in time."
I gave her a look and turned the radio up.

What was Jamie hiding from me? Why can these lot know but me, his best friend, can't?

After an awkward car ride, everyone had been dropped home and it was just me and Jamie. I was scrolling through instagram when he grabbed the phone off me.
"Why are you following Cam?"
He looked pissed off.
"He requested me first and plus he ain't ugly if you get what I mean," I said laughing and reaching over to take my phone back.