5

I walked into the club and scanned the room looking for Dushane or Sully. Preferably, not Dris. People were dancing and the smell of BO filled my nostrils, making me pull a face, as I weaved through the drunk teens to try and find my... co-workers, I guess.

Of course the first person I find is Dris. Sat in a booth with three other girls and about to snort a line. As he leant over it, I approached and managed to flick his forehead before he done it, making him look up at me.

"The fuck do you want?" He said, obviously not in a good mood.
"You're a cripple mate and you got a kid at home. Don't do that shit," I said rolling my eyes. I knew my input wouldn't bother him but at least I can say I tried.

The girls were giving me dirty looks and two of them were giggling at my outfit. I came in my joggers and a crop top because I weren't planning on staying long.

"You got a problem bitch?" I asked looking in between the two.
"Mani chill man, relax have some fun," Dris said his words slurred and his mood suddenly switching due to the drugs now in his system.

The girls said nothing and I nodded my head.
"Yeah, that's what I thought," I looked around but couldn't see far cos of the flashing lights and smoke, " You seen Shane or Sully yet?" I said hitting Dris' shoulder but still looking around.

"That booth over there," he said pointing with his hand holding another full shot glass. I walked over to the two who were sat in an awkward silence.

"Yeah I'm gone. Mani you coming?" Sully said putting his glass down.
"I just got here bruv, why you tell me to come if we already leaving?"
"Yeah, what?" Dushane questioned as I sat down next to him and opposite Sully.
"We're like the fucking oldest ones in here Shane," Sul said rolling his eyes.

"So wanna take up my idea of bingo round the corner yet?" I said making them both look at me.
"Nah for real I'm gone lads. Listen, see my man though, keep an eye on him," he said referring to Dris before picking up his keys and leaving.
"Man just called me a lad. Wow," I said slightly offended. Dushane laughed and went to say something until Dris interrupted and sat down.

"Cool yeah?" Shane asked him.
"Yeah. Some nice girls over there. They wanna have a chat," Dris said before eyeing me up.
"Don't even try it," I said looking away from him and pulling out my phone to look busy.
"Yeah, I'm alright." Dushane said looking at him weird.

"Bro, you taking your medication, yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Make sure that's the only thing you're taking, you know?" He said, making me laugh as I remembered what Dris was doing all of two minutes ago.
"Shut up Mani," he kissed his teeth, "It's cool bruv," and with that he got up and left.

"Shane, I can't lie, if this is meant to be a motive, it's dead. I'll see you in a bit yeah?" I said spudding him
"Yeah, safe."
I waved on my way out and was greeted by the cold english air.

I jogged through the estate and up the tower block stairs. I knocked on Attica's window four times so he knew it was me and to let me in. He did.
"You alright yeah?"
"Yeah I'm calm. You stink of weed," he said holding his nose.
"That's not me mate swear. Club was full of druggys that's why I ain't staying there."
"It's calm, i'm going bed. Night Mani, love you," he said walking back into his bedroom.
"Night little man, love you too."

———

I woke up early so I could walk with Ats to the Tovell's place. I was making a tea as he ate cereal and mum came in with his lunch money.
"I don't need lunch money any more," he said sliding it back to mum across the table. I turned around, leaning on the counter, getting ready to eavesdrop on the conversation.
"What do you mean?" She asked, confused.
"I'm getting free lunches."

I knew that was a bunch of bs but I'd talk to him about it once we left the house. They had an argument about him having to bring his dirty clothes to the school washing machine since he broke ours. I grabbed his shoulder telling him to just leave.

"Wanna tell me what's going on?" I asked after a few moments of silence.
"Nothing's going on."
"They wouldn't have sorted you free lunches so quickly and why don't you want to take your clothes in?"
"Mum has no money, I'm not going to take what she has left for my lunch. I'll sort something out. And everyone will make fun of me," he said answering both my questions.

I kissed my teeth, thinking.
"I've only got a tenner on me right now. I'll give you this for the week and I'll wash your clothes at Jamie's. Sound like a deal?"
He looked up at me smiling and hugged my side. "I got the best sister in the world man."
I laughed, "I'll remember that next time we scrap yeah?"
He pulled a face remembering our last sibling argument which didn't end very well.

We got to the Tovell's and Jamie was already on his way out when he noticed me.
"Wagwan, long time no see," he said hugging me from the side and making me walk with him.
"It's been like a day," I said laughing.
"Still long though, man's missed you innit."
"Aw, who wouldn't miss me. I'm just an amazing, wonderful-" I joked until he interrupted me.
"Alright, alright."
"So where we going?"
"Mandem are meeting in the fields. You can come along tho innit, we'll get food or something after."
"Alright."

time skip like two hours and
pov: dushane
"What's so important?" Dris spoke to Jaq as I held back a bit. It was too early for all this shit.
Them nittys from the other day were here as well. What's man's life got to?

"Oi Shane listen to this. I told you man. I told you. Why don't anyone ever listen to me?" he said slightly excited.
"What?"
Dris nodded at the drugged up woman and she started her story again.

"Me and Lee was over in the Fields, havin' a drink and a smoke, and this fella comes up and just like offers us white. Said as much as we want. They got everything. And that girl you were with the other day was with them. I don't know if she was selling but she was all over the leader, you know that guy with the northface?"
I stopped for a second. Imani?
"You tellin' me the truth? You ain't telling no lies?"
"No, no, I swear down. The mandem have food. They have a lot of food."

I put my head in my hands and Dris kept going on about I told you so. I called her. After about six rings she picked up.

"Mani. Who are you with right now?"
"No one? You alright?"
"Don't fuck with me right now Imani. I took you in. I let you earn some money cos I know you been struggling and this is how you repay me? What happened to us being top g's bruv? You were gonna be rich and on top by the time you were twenty. Wait until Sully hears about this," I hung up before she could answer. I was seething. The bitch.

"Youse two go up there. Tell me what you can see yeah?" I said walking off.
"Me as well?" Dris started
"Yeah."
"Bruv, what you on about? Why you tryna send me on that? Why don't you send Kieron with her on that? That's a joke ting man. I thought we were partners in this. Me, you and Sully but that bitch replaced me and now she snakes you anyway. Ain't you learnt your lesson?"
"I need to find these kids bruv and don't you ever talk to me like that again. Who do you think you are? I need to bell Sully. Go!"
He kissed his teeth but walked off. The guys always got a attitude.
I took out my burner phone and called Sully. A few rings went by before he answered.
"You won't believe what i've just been told bruv.."

a/n
uh oh
so she's got herself into some shit 😬
anyways
sorry for not updating it's rlly hard to find the motivation icl so sorry lmao
once i get into writing it's calm though it's just having to remind myself what happens in each episode and so on that can take ages sometimes so sorry but i'm gonna try be on top of it.
i'm going to america for holiday and will probs write one or two chapters on the plane as it's like eight hours so look forward to it (i leave on monday so not long)
i hope u enjoyed and chapters will start being around 6,000 words from now on so this is just a little filler chapter before the long ones but before i commit to that can u guys just tell me whether u would actually prefer that or not cos usually i like long ones but sometimes they can get a bit much so tell me what u prefer and majority will be what i do
hope ur having a nice summer

word count: 1589