4

"Mani, you good yeah?" Jaq asked me as I spun around looking for Dris. She was leant up on the wall behind her with a couple familiar faces nearby but they weren't relevant enough for me to remember any names.

"Yeah, you seen Dris about?" I questioned whilst pulling my phone out to check the time. 12:43. I had about two hours before Ats got back from school.

"With them crackheads there," she nodded towards a couple and sure enough Dris was talking to them with his hood up, not looking bait at all. That was sarcasm.

I walked past and grabbed the sleeve of his coat, pulling him aside.
"Imani, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist me," he said smirking as I rolled my eyes.
"I'm with you lot now, give me some food and I'll cover the next few blocks."
"Nah, nah. I ain't heard nothing bout this. You're with Fields," he said taking a step back and shaking his head.
"Call Dushane then," I said impatiently.

"No money, no food. End of," Jaq shouted bluntly in the druggys' faces.
"Dris said you'd tick us for it," the woman sniffed and wiped her nose in her sleeve. I shivered, half the reason I left was cos I got grossed out by these guys.
"Dris?"
"Just tick em for it," He looked fed up. I forgot how little food they must have at the moment. That made me laugh to myself which earnt me a judgy glance from the cripple.

"He's not answering. Cant help you," he shrugged his shoulders as Dushane blanked all four of his calls.
"You know he just don't like you. Watch this," I pulled out my phone and pressed his contact before calling it.

Two rings later, "Y'alright?"
I burst out laughing and Dris rolled his eyes, grabbing the phone off me.
"Is Mani with us? She wants to sell food, been all up in my ear about it."
"Yes give the woman her fucking food and quit nagging me about it, I got things to do."
"Alright, calm. See you in a bit."

Dushane hung up without saying bye and Dris threw me the phone back.
"So?" I held my hand out. He looked around quickly before dropping a couple bags in my hand which I then put in my pocket. "Alright, in a bit then."
I spudded Jaq and aired Dris' fist to which Jaq found hilarious and I headed towards the opposite block from mine.

———

Two hours later, I went back round to the market and slid the money in Dris' pocket before waving and walking over to the bus stop. They'd add all the money up and give me my share later at the end of the day, I was leaving early so I'd have to wait.

I think Ats was going home with Stefan but I wanted to play it safe, no one could find out about this. Jamie would go mental. The loud engine of the dodgy stagecoach bus pulled me out of my thoughts and I scanned my old oyster so I could get on for free again. Most people still can't believe I'm 19 now anyway so I still pass for a 17 year old.

-------

"Yo!" I unlocked the front door of the Tovell's place with my key and poked my head in the living room. No one was in there so I looked in the other rooms. "Oi, hello? Anyone here?"

I opened Aaron's door and he had headphones on whilst reading through a textbook. Of course. I grabbed his shoulders making him jump as I pissed myself and fell back onto his bed. He took his headphones off, shaking his head. 

"You're not funny Mani," he rolled his eyes but I could tell he was holding in a laugh.

"Hey, at least you didn't scream like a ickle girl this time," I laughed at my own joke again as he got up and started putting his books away. I got another roll of the eyes as a response.

"Where's J at?" I asked. I was starting to get paranoid, what if he knew what I'd been up to today?

"Dunno, working innit."

I laughed, "Yeah working."

Aaron gave me a look before walking out his bedroom. " You want a tea?" he shouted.

"Nah I'm good, when Jamie gets back tell him to call me yeah?" I said, grabbing a coat from the rack by the door.

"I'll pretend I didn't see that but if he blames me you're going downnnn," he shouted through the door way, making me hold my heart in mock hurt. 

"You snake!"I bantered back before waving and shutting the door behind me.

As I walked down the uneven path infront of the block, my phone started ringing. 

"Hello?" I didn't know who it was as it was on no caller id.

"It's Sully, meet us at the club."

"You're so blunt bruv, who's us and what if I have plans. I do have a life you know," I said rolling my eyes as if he's be able to see it.

" I don't care if you have plans. Me, Dushane and Dris are going club tonight and you're coming."

"No thanks. Dris is a bitch, you're just awkward and Dushane can't have a good time if his life depended on it. Also don't you think you're getting a bit old to go raving, bingo is round the corner if you'd prefer that," I said laughing.

That must've broke the awkward tension as he started laughing too. "You're lucky we rate you, you know. Just be there round eight."

I went to explain how this whole thing was meant to be on the low but he had already hung up.

a/n

basically, im rlly busy today so i just quickly finished this sorta scene so i thought itd be better just to post this quick and you can geta longer one later so soz its short but yh

word count: 977