𝐎𝐧𝐞

(Hey its Nyxie! Just for quick clarification Dove Cameron is the face claim for Sage (click the arrow)Sadie Sink is the face claim for Amelia, I just couldn't put another photo up there. Enough chit chatting about that though, here's the story!)

Standing outside the same old rubbish school. The one place she hated most. Middleton High. It looked like a place out of a horror movie. Wire gates surrounding the perimeter, grass a brown color that crunched intensely when you stepped on it, the coloring of the building was just cold. Anytime Sage Swift even stepped foot on the pavement chills went down her spine. Taking a deep breath the blonde-haired girl entered through the gate and began walking towards the building.

"Sage! Wait up!" A familiar voice called from behind her. Turning around she was met with her friend Amelia. Her strawberry curls bounced as she ran over to her. "You seriously weren't about to walk into this prison without me, were you?" Sage chuckled lightly,

"I was hoping you'd show" Amelia frowned,

"Of course I would! I would never abandon you, especially at Middleton" The girls began walking closer to the building,

"Really? What about that one time, when Tyson Davis walked over and you followed him practically to his next class. Leaving me behind with those nerds from second period?"

"Ok, fine. But he was cute, key word was. Im never leaving you for a guy again" Sage laughed while they approached the dusty blue doors to the school. Roughly pushing the door the smell of fruit and sounds of people flooded Sage's senses. Amelia turned to her friend and nodded for her to follow to their lockers. Sage's nose crinkled slightly as she passed through a puff of smoke, weaving in between students in the halls here and there. Amelia bumped into someone knocking their books over,

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry," She said bending down to pick them up.

"It's ok" A boy responded, Sage, recognized him as he took the books back from Amelia. His soft chocolate brown eyes and curly hair seemed familiar but she didn't know why. Amelia walked back over to her friend, placing her arm around her shoulder,

"He's cute" Sage turned her neck to face her friend, her face wasn't surprised as she shook her head. Approaching their lockers, Sage turned the knob and opened the door. Reaching for her math and English book while a kid was slammed into the locker a few doors down. Quickly shutting her locker she signaled to Amelia she was headed to class and speed walked over to math.

***

Tapping her pencil against the wooden desk she was sitting at Sage waited for the lesson to end.

"Can anyone tell me what the Mitochondria is?" The teacher asked dryly before the bell rang. Mr. Smith turned his gaze towards the clock and then back at his students, "Well, that wraps up todays lesson. Homework is to read pages 25-34 and write a 200 word essay on what you learned. See you next week" Sage leaned over to grab her bag from the floor. Placing it in her lap and unzipping the top she began placing her books and such inside before zipping it back up and placing it on her back. "Ms. Swift, Could i speak too for a second?" Sage scrunched her face slightly before putting on a small smile and walking over.

"Yeah?"

"Sage your grades have dropped significantly" He passed over a paper, in the right-hand corner a D- was written in red marker. "You used to be my best student, what happened?"

"Uhm, im not sure. There's just been alot going on i guess i haven't been studying as hard as i thought" She replied, Mr. Smith gave a small look of disapproval before shooing her off. Sage began making her way through the somewhat crowded halls to meet with Amelia outside like they did every day to walk home. The ginger smiled at Sage when she stepped out, They began walking side by side talking about the day and what homework they had before they parted ways and went home. Sage's home wasn't the prettiest but for a single mom who was raising a teenager and a cat, it was pretty darn good. The light blue color of the one-story home made it feel warm. The grass was green and soft, unlike the schools, making her way to the door she placed the key into the lock. Turned it to enter her home as the door creaked slightly. She breathed in the smell of fresh lemons and lavender while shutting the door. A soft purring came from her feet as her brown and tan cat Murph rubbed against her. Sage bent down picking up the cat gently nuzzling her face into his fur and placing a kiss on his head. Murph jumped out of her arms and followed Sage into the kitchen. She placed her bag on the counter and sat down on one of the barstools. Pulling out her books and laptop she called up Amelia and started their homework.