What They Do to Take Care of You (Part 1)

((**A/N** Hi, everyone! This chapter is going to be in headcanon format. I hope that's still enjoyable to read. ^~^))

Shuu

• His best strategy for cheering you up is simply pulling you down for a nap. Staying close to him makes you feel safe, right? So stay there. Lie on his chest and relax. You'll feel better if you don't think about whatever's bothering you, and it's not like he's moving for a while. (Shuu won't admit it, but he values the chance to spend time with you in peace.)

• Usually at the same time as the shared nap, he's sometimes willing to share his earbuds. You have to be willing to put up with whatever he's listening to, but isn't it kind of relaxing to just lie there and drift off to whatever classical score comes up next on the playlist?

• Shuu can be a good listener. When he cares about you, he's not against sitting for hours just listening to whatever you have to say. You could be gushing about a favorite hobby or venting about something that's been building for weeks— either way, he's content letting you talk. You don't get a whole lot of feedback out of him, but he'll remember what you said even weeks later, so you always know he's paying attention, at least.

Reiji

• Reiji is surprisingly doting. He fusses over you a lot (whether you want it or not), which can include everything from picking your outfits for you to having a special meal schedule with healthy foods you'll enjoy. Somehow, he always seems to know what's going on with you. He'll be able to tell when you need care before you even realize it. 

• He likes to make meals for you— since cooking is a form of stress relief for him, to begin with, providing food for you is an easy way to show his affection. And really, when does a good meal not make someone happy? With his cooking skills, you'll surely be grateful. 

• He'll try to solve your problems for you, perhaps a little more often than he should. Reiji likes having control, of course, and proving that he can fix whatever problem you're having and make everything alright again gives him a sense of usefulness. When you go to him with something that's bothering you and ask for help, he'll step in immediately and direct you through what needs to be done to make the stress go away. 

Ayato

• He tries to show off for you to cheer you up— sometimes, this means playing a prank on his brothers (it's funny when they're upset), sometimes it's hand feeding you some of his takoyaki or bringing you your favorite food and boasting about what a good boyfriend he is. He'll even cuddle with you if you're really upset, but you'd better be ready to thank him!

• Random little gifts from him are common. Ayato's not great at big, romantic gestures, but he tends to pick up things that remind him of you. So you get all kinds of strange trinkets; everything from sparkly rocks to a new snack in your favorite flavor. 

• Protecting you makes him useful and wanted. Whether it's fixing a restaurant order in your place or standing up to someone who's been harassing you, he wants to be the one to make everything okay again. Ayato likes it when you rely on him. Having you come to him when you're scared is a shockingly nice feeling, and even unconsciously, he'll try to do things that will give him that sense of pride over and over again. 

Kanato

• He's kind of terrible at comforting other people, but you get more of an effort than most. So even though he doesn't know how to do much, you get nicer things than anyone else, by far. Even if it's something as simple as letting you hold Teddy, once he's at the point where seeing you in distress makes him upset too, Kanato starts getting perceptive about when to help.

• He likes to shut you away from the world. If things in the rest of your life are bothering you, why don't you stay with him and him alone? Things like work and school can't stress you out if you don't attend them, after all. You'd be better off if you never left his side. 

• When he's really attached, Kanato will make things for you. Teddy means more to him than anything, so it makes sense in his mind to give you something similar. But while the bear was nothing more than an unwanted hand-me-down from his mother, you get something far better; a handmade plush toy designed to suit you perfectly, every stitch done by himself. Every time you hug it, you'll think of him... and that's exactly how he wants it. 

Laito

• Laito is big on using physical intimacy to show his affection. When he wants to make you happy, cuddling is the first thing offered. You can sit in his lap and get smothered in kisses and wandering, tender touches— wouldn't that be nice? There's no guarantee things won't, well... advance, but the affection is plenty sweet for as long as it remains non-sexual. 

• He's not against taking you on shopping trips. If new clothes or a fancy dinner will cheer you up, that can easily be arranged. Taking you out and having fun until you've forgotten what you were ever upset about is one of his quick strategies for putting you in a better mood. 

• In part because of how skilled of a manipulator he is, Laito always seems to know exactly what's wrong with you. Even when you don't want to tell him or can't get the words out, he'll guess what needs to be done with near-unerring accuracy. It feels like he knows more about you than you know about yourself, sometimes, but at least his intentions seem to be improving. He just wants his Bitch-chan to be happy now, you know!

Subaru

• His main solution when you're feeling down is to punch the problem until it stops being a problem. Frequently, that's not possible, though, and Subaru finds himself stuck when it isn't. He's not used to being soft with people, but seeing you stressed and miserable does things to his heart that he can't ignore. (And really, it helps you just to know he cares so much.)

• He goes out of his way to make you feel safe. It becomes almost instinctive for him to try to keep you out of danger— whether that means death-glaring someone who was making you uncomfortable or letting you sleep in his coffin with him during a stormy night.

• In Subaru's experience, physical movement clears one's head. You can't punch through walls like he can, but a long walk through the garden has to do some good. He'll stay out there with you for as long as you want, and he's fine with silence if you don't feel up to talking. Just being near you always makes him feel calmer, so this is returning the favor. That's all. You're good enough company even when you're all mopey. 

Kino

• If you're feeling bad about something, Kino is great at finding ways to take your mind off it. He can rope you into helping with his mobile games for hours— and by the time you've spent the afternoon grinding for gems or some rare character, you'll be far too focused on that to worry. He's also prone to pestering you into irritation (or laughter) just to distract you. 

• He frequently ropes Yuuri into looking after you. Since Yuuri is his loyal servant, it only makes sense for him to serve you as well! Kino encourages you to tell Yuuri about whatever you need; it's up to you if you take advantage of that offer, or give the poor man a break. 

• He fusses over you more than you'd expect. In fact, his behavior is best described as clingy. Kino wants to be with you all the time, always right by your side to make sure you're only thinking about him. It's hard for him to learn how to be less selfish, but thinking of your happiness as a show of his success ends up being a good way to start. The "prince" will give you whatever it takes to keep you smiling, after all.