(Basically) 10K Special pt. 2

It was hot, really hot. Of course, that's what you'd expect for Tatooine, but still, it wasn't entirely enjoyable. The sweltering sun was blocked by the ponchos and goggles that you and Cal wore as protection. Not an odd sight for the locals, and they helped conceal your identities. Marching through the sand, stretching out for miles, you marveled at how brightly the sun was shining despite the early morning hours. Your hunt for a safe place to spar was going on for longer than you would've liked. Boredom became evident as Cal looked over to find you staring at the sun, or at least you were attempting to. His eyes rolled and he lifted his arm as he brought his hand to cover your eyes.

"Don't do that, you're going to destroy your vision."

You looked over to find his blue eyes as Cal scolded you, only for him to try to do the same. The stinging feeling in his eyes caused him to wince immediately.

You, on the other hand, squinted at Cal upon his warning. "What else am I supposed to do?"

While you two journeyed, Cal had been suggesting this place he had seen from the Mantis. You had no idea where this was or what this place looked like, but Cal sounded excited about it so you couldn't say no.

Though nobody could miss the massive wreckage of a ship that lay half-buried in the sand. You hadn't seen it until the two of you got to the top of the next dune.

Your face displayed an incredulous expression as you finally caught sight of the ship's corpse. a large half dome-shaped piece of metal gave plenty of cool shade from the sun.

Standing atop the dune you glanced at the ginger that was standing next to you. As you locked eyes, childlike grins pulled at both of your lips.

Your eyes wrinkled a bit as you smiled.

"Loser has to trace the boundaries."

Not even a second later both you and your boyfriend were sprinting to the wreckage. Cal had the lead for a moment, but ultimately he stumbled allowing you to take the victory. Along with a lot of laughing.

You were bent over, holding your stomach, and leaning back on a spot on the ship. Completely dying of laughter.

Cal was walking towards you, having completely given up on the race. Sand covered his clothes and hair. He was also occasionally spitting out the bits of sand that managed to get into his mouth.

Because of the distance (and how quiet he was being), you could just barely hear him grumbling about it. You composed yourself enough to go over to the other Jedi.

"You think that's funny, huh?" Cal questioned before going immediately to a threat. "Say anything and I'll put sand down your poncho."

You giggled as you held your hands up in mock surrender. When you reached him you lifted your hand to his hair.

His usual style was now messy with loose strands falling in front of his face. The stunning red color was partially hidden by the tan of the sand. Giving him some help you tried to shake it out. He would have to wash up later, but that was probably already going to happen. From the harsh sun, the two of you were already sticky with sweat. Sparring would only worsen it.

Cal hummed out a small "thanks" as he shook out sand from his clothes. Once he was content with the sand mostly gone from his hair and clothes, Cal found a large pipe. Digging one end into the ground he began to trace a circular "arena" for the two of you. It wasn't entirely necessary, but it was fun to try and force someone out of the boundaries.

After a short while, Cal finished clearing out the scraps from the inside of the arena. You pushed yourself off the wall you were leaning on. The two of you met in the middle of the circle standing face to face.