2

Sunlight peeked from the space between the foliage of the forest you found yourself in. It was warm on your face, and you couldn't help but smile in appreciation. You followed a mental path, but you wouldn't get lost even if you forgot the way. The noticeably worn dirt made a path that nobody could miss. This place had a calming atmosphere to it, it was familiar and warm. Just like a dream.

Despite the dreamlike feel, in the back of your head were faint alarm bells ringing. You played it off as the constant paranoia that came with living as a Jedi after Order 66. Still, a special awareness of your weapon hooked onto your hip was clear.

You were so sure you were alone until a soft voice spoke. It was soft but it cut through you like a knife.

"It's been so long, [nickname]." The caring tone almost causes you to burst into tears.

Your body reacted long before your mind caught up to it. Your heart was still miles behind. You didn't think you'd ever hear their voice again.

"[Brother's name]." The name rolled off your tongue, carefully as if the person might shatter if you spoke too loud.

His eyes locked onto yours, the corners crinkling in a smile. "Come here, sunshine."

This time, you knew exactly what you were doing as you dashed toward the male. Once you collided, you felt his arms wrap around your shoulders. He lifted you slightly before loosening his grip slightly.

Tears freely rolled down your face. Attempting to fight the lump in your throat, you spoke.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. Oh I'm so sorry-" Repeated variations of the phrase were all you managed to choke out between sobs. You had told yourself that you'd give anything to see him again, and for it to be real.

But you found out too soon that it was;t

"You're right." This had caught you off guard. You were expecting an 'it wasn't your fault' or an 'I missed you too' to be honest; just anything but those cold-sounding words. You tried to pull back but he just squeezed tighter.

"It's all your fault." His words made your chest ache. "If it weren't for your silly mistake I wouldn't be gone." The familiar reasoning you often used on yourself was something you dreaded hearing from the male. Because he was right.

You jerked to the side, hoping to free yourself. "It's all your fault, [Nickname]; you do realize that, right?" You jerked to the other side. No. "Nobody else but you. How can you be a Jedi and save thousands of lives when you couldn't even save your own brother."

With a final tug, you spun out of his grip now facing him. His expression made your stomach drop. Hard, angry, and with no sense of warmth left to give. You never wanted to see him like that.

"Oh, and let's not forget about your poor old master." Your eyes widened, he wouldn't. He's not like that. "They probably could've helped save the Order if it wasn't for you." The figurative knife he had been pushing deeper and deeper into your chest with each jab was finally ripped from your flesh.

Tears overflowed from your eyes, panic spreading through your veins with an icy feeling. "No, no, no, no." You repeated over and over desperately. You didn't know who you were saying no to, but it was someone.

It all went silent.

You jolted up as your senses flooded. Your skin was sticky with sweat despite the cold air that nipped your exposed skin. Your eyes were well-adjusted to the dark. A relieved huff to see your room, but you immediately scanned the room looking for a blue object. It was sitting in its spot on your nightstand. Deep breaths and feeling around your room helped ground your racing mind. This wasn't the first time this had happened, nightmares were common visitors.