Chapter 12

Nashi's POV

I was worried, even though Nash insisted he was fine. 

I remembered what mom said-or heard a voice sounding like mom's-during the disaster-zone-attack.

"Protect the stone."

What stone? And what exactly happened in Magnolia before I ended up here?

I couldn't help but shiver inwardly.

Whatever it was, maybe it could hold a clue as to why Uncle Z, First Master, Nash, and I were here.

Nash and I turned to the corridor where our preparatory room was. There was a huge crowd near the door, half spilling out into the hall.

'Um-Sumimasen, Excuse me. 2 students of class 1-A coming through', Nash said.

I can't believe it, He's here! Does one of class 1-A's students know him personally?

Maybe he's related to one of them, just like Endeavour.

I could hear them whispering as they made way for us to go.

It's seriously him! Immortal hero, Spriggian!

Wait, what?

I saw Uncle Z leaning against the wall, looking at the crowd casually as if it was a daily occurrence. Everyone else in 1-A had a shocked face, Midoriya's especially was too funny.

Too bad mine looked the same.

Uncle Z turned to us and smiled. 'Your classmates have finally come. See your whole class, I can see why you managed to survive the villain attack. I hope you'll raise up to my expectations and the rest of the Alvarez Agency.'

His statement shook the room. Whispers were flowing everywhere.

But most of all, his gaze was particularly hard on me and Nash. He smiled at us and left the room. Slowly the crowd trickled out. Everyone in the class looked at the doorway quietly, as if they were still imagining Uncle Z coming through.

'Um...guys?', Nash spoke. 'I think it's time for us to go..."

Iida was the first to react. 'Dragneel-kun is right. Everyone form a line!'

When we were going through the passage to the arena, Nash whispered into my ear. 

'What was he thinking, barging up like that? I thought my heart was going to stop beating!'

'How am I supposed to know?', I replied, harshly. 'He probably wanted to scare us, that's all.'

Nash looked at me strangely. We were almost to the arena, and the bright lights made his eyes brighter. 'Nashi, do you really trust him?'

I frowned. 'Why would you ask that? Of course, I do. He's family'.

'Family by blood, yes. But we barely know him. We were born after he died, so how does he know our names? He says there is no connection to Earthland from here, so how did he know we are Dragneels?'

I kept quiet for some time. 'We'll talk after the festival', I said and pushed past Yaoyoruzu and Kirishima. 

A million thoughts were going inside my brain. 

What if Nash is correct?

What if Uncle Z is hiding something from us?

What if everyone in Magnolia is dead? What if-

Shut up. I told myself. 1 step at a time. I'll ask Uncle Z after the festival. It'll be fine. Everything will be fine.

Voices cheered out from the stands. The sunlight was a bit blinding, and to make things worse, Present Mic was yelling through the speakers. I winced at the sounds.