Where it all began

The first sign of the separation between Renee and him began when she wanted to leave Forks and live somewhere sunny. He couldn't do it, he didn't want to leave his parents who have gotten sick over the year of his daughters being born.

His sweet daughters. Bella Swan, a year and eight months old, and Pearl Marie Swan, one-year-old starting today. This morning started like no other, Pearl being awake when he got up to go to work. Pearl always was awake when he was. Knowing Pearl will not go back to sleep, He picked her up and brought her down for an early breakfast. Renee is washing up to go to her work and bring both girls to daycare.

"Alright, kiddo, what do you want for breakfast?" Charlie sets his young daughter down in her white highchair. 

"Red." Pearl was a fast learner in speaking and can associate her favorite things with colors. Red is the strawberry yogurt.

"Yogurt it is." Charlie takes the cup out of the fridge, pulls out a small baby spoon, and sits down in front of her. Begining to feed her, peace settles in the house. Not for long though, Renee comes down the stairs and waltzes in the room securing her earing on her left ear.

Charlie glances over to his wife giving her a smile. Renee smiles but that falls immediately when her eye widens to Pearl. Charlie turns and sees the impossible. the plastic cream-colored spoon Pearl is holding is now pure gold.

Shock is the first thing in his mind but a strong unease crawls up his spine as he glances over at Renee. The surprise is still in her eyes but those orbs are swirling with a new emotion, a darker force he wouldn't want to see again. Greed.

Charlie immediately says that he was going to show Pearl the police station where he works. Renee nods and reluctantly walks back to wake Bella for her day at daycare. Charlie looks over to Pearl as she smiles at the golden spoon in her hand. Fear instills itself in Charlie's mind. His little girl is going to be in huge danger if he doesn't do something to protect her.

During the day, Charlie kept Pearl in his sights and more than once had to hide in a black knapsack the golden toys she turned. Glad there are no cameras in his office, he packs everything early and heads to his attorney. He is going to make a will quickly in order to protect Pearl some more than just keeping her away from Renee.

After the will that says he takes full custody of his daughter Pearl and Renee has no claim on her. He goes to visit his parents with his daughter. Charlie tells them about her abilities and Helem and Geoffrey Swan agree to keep the secret and care for her. They too updated their will and made all their money go to their second grandchild Pearl Marie Swan.

Four years later, Renee had enough of the lurking about and staying in such a dim place. She asked for divorce most of her plan is to take Pearl away from Charlie and keep her for her own future fortune. Charlie is sad his love is going but half of his heart knew it is best. His young baby Pearl will be safer with her and her sister gone. During her young childhood years, Bella became abusive toward her sister. Throwing things at her and also found out about Pearl's abilities as well. Charlie took Pearl mostly to work with him and home-schooled her because of her abilities that haven't any control. 

"Daddy, why is mommy packing?" Pearl asked Charlie seeing the woman putting all her clothes and Bella's clothes in suitcases.

"Mommy is leaving honey. Your sister is going with her." Charlie explained calmly.

"Am I going too?" Pearl hugs the golden pillow she transformed. It may have gotten the materials of gold but it is the lightest amount of gold making the pillow still have the ability to be squished.

"Yes you are, isn't it great honey?" Renee comes in stopping Charlie from saying she isn't.

"But...," Tears brim her little brown eyes. "Daddy will be all alone!"