Another home to add to the collection

After a delicious lasagna dinner with dad, Bella, Billy, Jake, and me; we all went on our own path. Billy, Jake, and dad enjoy a nice game while Bella heads up to her room to talk to mom. I on the other hand freshen myself up slightly before walking down the stairs.

"Dad I am heading out to talk to other friends and get in my new home. I will come by tomorrow afternoon." I tell dad as his eyes glue themselves to the screen.

"Okay kiddo, be careful. Take Jake with you." I giggle and look at Jake.

"Want to come?" I ask not knowing how he feels about joining my side on a trip.

"Sure. Love to see this new house of yours. You know, to visit." I nod and walk out saying bye to Bella and Billy.

Walking to the Civic, I open my driver's door but stop when I see Jake frozen on the curb. A smirk lifts on my face seeing his gawking face. Brown eyes with surprise lift to look into my amused chocolate orbs.

"This...is your car!" I laugh and run my hand over the blue clean, shiny metal.

"Yep. Come on, don't want to lose daylight too much." He gets in and drops down on the black leather seats. I slide in and throw my bag in the back. Not before grabbing my phone and plugging it up into the stereo.

"Ready!" I ask the excited Black boy.

"Hell yeah!" I laugh twisting over to grab the seatbelt and strap myself in.

Putting the keys in the ignition, the engine roars to life. Pushing the lever to drive, I begin to drive us to my new home. visiting the Cullens will be after I drive Jake home. The ride for the first few minutes is quiet allowing me peace in my thoughts.

The reason why I haven't straight away gone to the Cullens is Jake. I remember some tension that happened when I met Jake by the rushing stream in the middle of the woods. Jasper and Emmett grew tense when they saw Jake as he waves to me. Overprotective brothers and slightly a stepfather (Jasper). I also know I wouldn't want to just dump Jake to the Cullens and expect him to walk home. That would be very unsophisticated on my end. 

"So, tell me of this fashion line of yours," Jake asks pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Well, it is a wide birth business. I associate with many business partners and firms over the world and I add my own style and ask to include some of theirs. Four companies have sent me the fashion lines that they wanted me to show off in my shop."

"Wow, what else!?" I laugh at his enthusiasm for knowing me more. Actually, I think he is more into my work than I am. Bummer but not that I find it bad. It is nice for someone to be as passionate about my prideful work as I am.

"Well, opened five shops over California. Have some of my designs on display windows in Italy, Rome, Australia, and South America. Before taking this vacation, I was hitting on a great new company in Japan. That takes a lot of time and effort with the thousand meetings and things which I won't bore you with. Now, what about you? anything has gone on during the times I was in another country?" I ask turning to a gravel road into the woods.

"Not really. Am in school on the reserve, working and practicing my mechanical skills on my rabbit. that is a motorcycle if you didn't know." I laugh at that last bit. got to surprise this boy some more.

"For your information Jacob Black, how do you think I chose this car among all the other models out there. I too have a side hustle of being a mechanic. I wanted something else to work on while fashion designing on the weekends and so, I took a course or two in mechanics. This baby has been cared for like it was my own child." Jake nods his head impressed.

"I missed you and never leave again." I laugh once again. Jake joins me in laughing till we pull up on my new house driveway.

 Jake joins me in laughing till we pull up on my new house driveway