three

ᴄʜɪꜰᴜʏᴜ could swear the normal days spent at his work were nothing at all compared to the days when you would visit the pet store. And ever since your second visit, it seemed that you had been visiting the store more and more. Not that he was complaining.

 You always had something to buy. During your third visit to the store, you came with the intention to buy some more cat food for Yeye. During your fourth visit to the store, you came with the reason to buy more toys for Yeye.

 During your fifth visit to the store, you came with the need to get a different type of cat food because apparently, Yeye was quite the picky eater. And on and on it went. 

 And everytime, Chifuyu would feel like he had been blessed by the Gods of the Sun and Earth. And over the many visits on your end, Chifuyu had managed to get to know you a little more, much to his interest.

 He'd always find a reason to talk to you during your visits. The two of you had even grown accustomed to one another's presence. And one day, Chifuyu hoped that he could have you meet his friends.

 Although you often visited the store, you never once had the privilege of meeting Kazutora who worked there as well. All the long-haired man knew about you were the things Chifuyu told him while he dreamily talked about you like a man in love.

 And the thing was, Chifuyu thought he truly was in love. Maybe it was stupid but he couldn't help it. Everything he felt was heightened when he was with you. He felt lighter, happier, better.

 Was that not love? He thought he was stupid for even considering that after only knowing you for a while. Plus, it wasn't like you two actually were friends. Who knew just how close he could actually get to know you? 

 The dark-haired man sighed, his hands going up to tie his hair in a small man bun, revealing his dark undercut. He decided to catch up on the romance manga that he was reading since he had no customers at the moment. While he was focused and concentrated on his reading material, he completely missed the sound of the doorbell echoing throughout the store. 

"Matsuno-kun?" He heard your sweet voice calling him, shocking him out of his focus. 

"Y/N-chan? When did you get in?" He straightened up, placing his manga in the drawer of the counter. 

"Just a second ago," you answered, tipping your head towards the direction of the door. "Was that manga so good you didn't hear the bell?" You giggled slightly. 

"Sorry about that," he shook his head with an apologetic smile. 

"No worries," you shrugged casually, lips stuck in a smile. 

"So what brings you here today?" He rose a brow, standing up from his chair. 

"Well, I actually wanted to know if you ever need a hand for the store," you began, nerves fumbling you as you bit your lip in anticipation of his answer. 

"My friend does help me around here though he's been taking a lot of breaks lately," he let out a small huff. "Is everything alright?" 

"I was just wondering if you could maybe hire me?" You asked with hope, earning a confused look from him. "I need a part-time job so I can start paying my rent and I guess, I had a hard time choosing where to work and the only place I could think of was here," you sighed after you finished explaining to him. 

"I see," he nodded slowly. 

"But it's fine if you're not interested," you added, a warm smile assuring him of your words.