Chapter 1

The first few chapters get you set in the story, it gets better I promise!

Reyna gasped for breath as she sprinted down the crowded streets of Jazu, as the pack of CyberTeeth charged after her. She pushed through the mob, shoving innocent civilians out of the way, desperate to escape the bloodthirsty mutts.

Reyna tasted blood as she bit her lip. Her side began to ache. She clenched her jaw as she squeezed the dirty silver bag that held the food and loot she had stolen from unexpecting shops and uninvolved shoppers.

Reyna didn't stop her blinding pace as she wormed her way through the maze of people and twisted herself through the turns of the streets. She risked a look behind her and cursed when she saw the CyberTeeth, growling and still hot on her trail. She could practically hear the whirls of their gears.

Breathe, Reyna told her exhausted body. She raised her forearm and tried to ignore the pain that shot up her arm. She looked at the frayed circlet on her wrist and checked the map. The ship should be right above the city limits, about a block or two out.

Reyna groaned in pain as her side began to cramp up even more.

Come on! Almost there! Reyna thought furiously. She felt tears leak from her eyes as her legs pounded against the cobblestone roads.

"Honey, move!" Reyna heard a young woman say to a child. She could discern other civilians telling each other to get out of the way of the mutts. She made out screams and gasps as the bionic dogs came into their sight.

They're closer! Go faster! Reyna shouted at herself, forcing herself to go faster, despite her protesting legs.

As more of the crowd noticed the chase, they slowly began parting, leaving a cleared road for her. Unfortunately, that left more room for the mutts to chase her.

Reyna squinted into the distance and nearly screamed in delight when she saw the rusty silver gate. 

Almost there, she thought to herself, keep going!

The mass of people was completely gone- they were all crammed to the sides of the road. The hounds barked and snarled behind her. Reyna tried to go faster, but to her dismay, her body wouldn't let her.

Her sides were screaming in pain. Her legs were burning, and her throat was dry. She felt sweat trickle down her cheek. Even her Ixno wouldn't help ease the pain. Reyna quietly cursed herself for going this deep into the city. Reyna heard a scream and whirled around. She then saw the CyberTeeth, which was nearly caught up to her.

They had bodies made out of thick, white steel. Their shiny teeth were sharp and profound. They had all the instincts of a rabid dog but they were smarter, stronger, and much more deadly.

No! Don't give up, Don't... Reyna pleaded to her body. Just as her legs were about to give out, Reyna saw a shiny, dark rope ladder a few yards in the distance. Reyna looked up to see it was attached to a large, rusty steel ship. The ladder fluttered in the wind like a kite, and slowly fell far enough that Reyna could reach it.

Then Reyna noticed she had stopped running.

She collapsed to her knees as the CyberMutts surrounded her. Reyn cried out in pain as one of the dogs bit her ankle. She whirled around and elbowed one of them in the face.

As the hound whined in pain, the other mutts began to claw at her with their sharp, claw-like nails and bit at her with their large teeth that were most likely injected with Delirium.

Reyna screamed as one of the dog's nails dug into the soft flesh of her arm. Knowing she was weak, Reyna couldn't keep her Ixno underneath her skin.

She cried out and attacked the mutts with her armored skin. She vaguely heard the crowd gasp as they saw the shiny silver protection cover her arms and legs. A Zyi. The Zyi was a civilization of the past that was known as one of the strongest species out there. They had a titanium-like armor underneath their skin, which could retract from invisible underneath their skin to razor-sharp, clear as day.