Ch. 47 - It's Time

< Chapter 47: It's Time >

♥ Justin's POV: ♥

"You have a concert tomorrow in Atlanta. Maybe two," Scooter's voice spoke from my iPhone. I had it on speaker so that I could talk to him while preoccupying myself with something else.

Currently, as my phone rested on my nightstand, I was setting up a tripod in the middle of the room to support my camera.

"You heard that?" he asked, as I began to look for my camera. For some reason, as weird as it sounds, I heard him but I forgot to answer him. "Justin.." he called again.

"Yeah, yeah, I heard you. Got it," I replied, mounting the camera onto the tripod stand.

"Whatever. Just be ready by around midnight and we'll come pick you up."

"Okay, Scooter, I promise I'll be ready by then and y-.." I cut myself off to think for a second, then began freaking out. "Wait.. Did you say maybe two concerts?"

"Yeah, it's possible.." he said slowly, probably confused as to why it even matters.

"On the same day or..?" I had the phone in my hand now because shit just got real.

"It would be a two day stay over at Atlanta. Why?" he questioned, and I froze at his previous words.

"No, no, no, you don't understand. Tomorrow is Jamie's appointment to the doctor for her pregnancy, I wanted to be there for her," I explained the situation.

"Well Justin.. What do you want me to do, man? You're a famous popstar with a large fanbase with a population of millions. You have work to do and I'm sure Jamie will understand, just like she's been doing so all these years," he spoke sympathetically.

"B-but-"

"-No, Justin. You've done this before so many times. What's different now?"

I paused and thought about what he said. What IS different now? Oh yeah. "That I love her," I answered, feeling my hands get sweaty.

"I know you do," he said softly, "But it's not definite yet so we'll see. And remember that Kenny and I are picking you up at midnight."

"Jesus, I know! You've said this a billion times!"

"Alright, alright," Scooter chuckled, "See you later."

"Bye," I simply replied, hanging up without waiting for his goodbye. I threw my phone onto the bed and collapsed next to it.

"Everything okay?" a voice asked, and I instantly looked at the person.