Ch. 33 - Misunderstanding

< Chapter 33: Misunderstanding >

♥ Jamie's POV: ♥

I nervously made my way upstairs after excusing myself from my mom, dad, Noah and Phoebe. I knew that Justin was hiding in his room, isolating himself from the rest of us. And I knew it was my fault. I just don't know what I did.

I walked slowly until I was facing his door, then I knocked and slowly opened the door a few seconds afterwards. As I entered the room, I saw he was unpacking a few stuff. "Babe? We need to talk.." I spoke cautiously.

He was picking up a shirt from his baggage and stopped to stare at me. It was more of a glare, though. Umm, what now? "I know you're ignoring me, Justin and it kinda hurts. Can you just tell me what I did?"

In one swift movement, he threw the shirt across the room angrily. "Seriously, Jamie?!" he yelled, making my heart stop. He's never yelled at me like that before.

"Uhm-.."

"-You know exactly what you did! Now, tell me.. how was it?" he crossed his arms. I saw his right foot tapping the floor repeatedly and, being his best friend and all, I knew that he was either really angry or just impatient.

In this case, it was both.

"I d-don't understand..." I stuttered. Honestly, I was really scared right now. Who knows what he'd do?

"Don't pretend there isn't anything going on with you and that asshole, Noah!" he shouted. Why would he insult Noah like that? I didn't d-...

Oh.

I see what this is about. Shit.

"Ohh!! Are you mad because you saw us sleeping in the same bed on the jet?" I asked. His eyes widened and he seemed offended.

"Why do you say it like it's no big deal?" he scoffed.

"Because... nothing happened. We wanted a little nap and I offered him the bed, but he said I could have it. We ended up just sharing it and we didn't think you and Phoebe would mind since you two were sleeping together as friends," I explained.

I saw Justin relax a little, but his arms remained crossed.

"Did you two kiss?" he whispered.

"What?" I asked, shocked. Did I hear him correctly?

He raised his voice, repeating his question. "Did you two kiss?"

"Of course NOT! Why would I kiss anyone that's not you?! I'm pregnant with your baby! Not to mention I love you! I was thinking you hated me now," I frowned.