chapter 8: festival

Ayato's POV

Things had been going quite smoothly lately. While there were still the occasional invaders and drama, Inazuma was pretty chill.

Recently, the Irodori festival began and some people from Mondstat had traveled to Inazuma, and I had the opportunity to see some pretty interesting people.

There was a drunkard bard that insisted on singing instead of paying for hos cuisine, a child that kept talking about blowing up fish with a cheeky smile plastered across her face, a pretty man named Calx who had came to paint stuff, and people were all happy. They also spoke of some blue haired kid with a whackass haircut, but he was from Liyue. It was nice to see everyone interact so peacefully.

Thoma was excited to go back and see people that hailed from his hometown as well.

I got him a bracelet with red and blue heart beads on it and insisted upon him wearing it. He was embarrassed about it, but nevertheless he hadn't taken it off since. And right now, he was actually right besides me.

Then Yoimiya ran up to us.

"Hey guys! Sorry to third wheel, but Klee went off with Albedo and now I have nobody to talk to! Not even Ayaka, because she's busy greeting the travelers!"

"Well me and Thoma aren't doing anything. Right Thoma?"

I look over and see hes fallen asleep.

"Yeah, all's good. Can I also talk to you about something?"

"Oh yeah sure!"

I explain to Yoimiya that Ayaka had told us about them being non binary and asked if Ayaka had talked to them about that. Yoimiya tells us that she did have a talk with them and that the two are on good terms.

"Are you guys dating yet?" I ask.

They frown. "Yet? Are we supposed to be?"

"I don't know bro. I thought you two were interested in each other."

"I don't know nor understand how that works or how to go about it, and Ayaka hasn't mentioned anything either, so I don't think anything is going to be happening for the time being unless she plans on something big."

"Fair enough I suppose."

"Did she say something about it?"

"Oh no, just forget what I said," I say with a soft smirk.

"Alright.. Well I hope you and Thoma have fun."

"You have fun too."

She takes off and I gently nudge Thoma.

"Pssstt, Thoma, it's time to wake up. There's a ton of hot guys gathered around."

"Mmmmm.." Thoma rubs his eyes and puts his hands on my shoulder.

"Yeah yeah, I get that you're tired but you need to get up."

"Fine."

...

After we walk around and chat with Itto, Shinobu, and a few others, we decide to take some time to ourselves and go on a stroll.

"Hey Thoma, can I ask you something?"

"Mhm?"

I prop myself on the railing of a bridge and smile up at him.

"Why do you like me?"

Thoma scratches his ear and nervously laughs.

"Why are you asking this?"

"Just answer."

"Okay. Well first of all, you're really pretty and you're extremely caring. I like being with you and you're easy to talk to. And I guess that's a run down of the basics."

"Interesting. Do you think Calx is hot?"

"Um.. sure?"

"Cool."

We return to walking down Inazuma City as the sky darkens. Different stars sparkle among the sky and different shades of dark blue and purple spiral in like a beautiful galaxy. The view was breathtaking and the light of the moon illuminated Thoma's face with a tint of blue which made him look a bit smurfy.

The breeze was slowly starting to pick up and there was an array of glowing lights reflecting the sky. I reach for Thoma's hands and pull him closer to me.

"How would you like to start the beginning of forever with me?"

...

a/n: and that was the end! i hope you guys liked the spinoff :D i might add a bonus chapter (or two) but as of now this story is complete so i hope you enjoyed it! (so much for getting my notifications spammed on a daily)