Sitting In The Dark [Freddy]

Freddy Fazbear x Reader
FNAF 1
(Requested by: SnowflakeKitty999)
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

My mind wandered as I flipped through the security cameras, not really paying close attention to what was on the tablet's screen. I've worked as the night guard for Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria for around a week and four nights now, so I pretty much knew what to expect.

****

Mike, my dear friend, told me about how he got fired for tampering with the animatronics, so I took the opportunity presented to me and swooped in to get the newly opened position. Why? Because I already stay up all night, might as well get some money out of it. Plus, I'm pretty into ghosts and the supernatural so I wanted to check the place out.

I was able to get through the first days pretty easily thanks to Mike's help, good thing too, because I wasn't gonna listen to the rambling of that night guard on the phone. The only hiccup was on the third night, I hadn't been very good with conserving my power and well...

Staying in my seat would have been a stupid idea, so I quietly got up and hid under the messy desk. Sure, that place had tons of cobwebs but I'd rather sit in the dust than get caught by a killer animatronic. I held my breath when the sound of thumping footsteps got closer and closer, covering my mouth when I heard an unsettling music box version of the Toreador March. Please don't look under the desk... After waiting for what felt like hours, I heard the familiar chime of the office clock hitting 6 AM. Once the sound ended and I couldn't hear any sign of the animatronics moving, I crawled out from the desk and let out a sigh of relief.

"That was way too close...," I said to myself as I dusted off all the spider webs and dust on me. "Oh shit!" I exclaimed when I looked to see Freddy Fazbear himself, frozen in place as he was entering the office. "Wow, talk about saved by the bell," I nervously chuckled as I stood up from the floor while keeping my eye on the bear animatronic.

****

You'd think that a brush with death was enough to scare me away into a better job, but nope! Here I was, the next week and still working as the night guard. No, the only thing that night taught me was that I need to conserve my power better. Mike thought I was crazy for sticking to this job, I told him that he should have expected it since he's known me for years now. I love a challenge after all.

Speaking of a challenge, I could hear Freddy coming closer, judging from how loud his laughter was as it echoed down the hall. "You won't get me this time, Fazbear!" I yelled, not sure if he could even hear me.

I checked the door lights to see both Bonnie and Chica through the windows, I quickly closed both doors and turned the lights off. "Woah! Sorry you two, didn't mean to make you jealous," I chuckled as I checked the camera to make sure Foxy was still there. I'm sure I've annoyed the crap out of all these bots by now, a dangerous thing to do but also very funny.

Once the two were gone, I opened up the doors again and listened for any clue as to how close Freddy was. "Where are you...," I mumbled as I scanned the cameras. Suddenly, the sound of ghostly laughing could be heard all around me. "Pshh! I'm not scared," I said, only half-lying about how I felt.

"You should be..."

I spun around my chair, frantically looking for the source of that whisper. As my eyes darted across the room, the approaching sound of footsteps caught my attention. Foxy! I slammed my hand on the door button, hurting myself in the process. "Trying to spook me as a distraction? That's a pretty cheap trick," I exclaimed.

"No one ever said we were playing fair..."

The feeling of heavy paws on my shoulders made me freeze, I glanced down at the tablet on my lap to check the time. It was only 4:50 AM, damn it! Well... I guess I had a good life, good friends, and even got to experience the paranormal. Bye bye world, I just hope that my death will be quick and painless.

*

*

*

*

"You can open your eyes, you know," said a deep voice from behind me. I hesitantly opened my eyes, now seeing that I was still inside the office facing the closed door on the left.

With a single confused blink, I then looked up to see Freddy looming over me with a bored expression. "Uhhh... Why am I not being dragged to my death? N-not that I want to! Just curious, is all," I stumbled over my words nervously. For all I knew, the animatronics could have had a momentary change of heart, and I didn't wanna ruin that by making it seem like I wanted to be stuffed in a suit.

"The game's not over just yet, you're lucky the kids have taken quite the liking to you," Freddy said. So he's the one who told me to open my eyes. I looked at him in confusion "Kids?"

The ghostly giggles started up again before a little boy with fluffy hair floated into view, he had grey tear stains going down his cheeks yet he still had a big smile. "He's talking about me and my friends!" I would have jumped in surprise (and a bit of fear) when the child showed up, but Freddy still had his paws on my shoulders.

"My name is Gabriel," the ghost said as he held his hand out. I smiled at his politeness and reached my own hand out "Nice to meet you Gabriel, I'm Y/N," I said with a chuckle as our hands passed through each other. "You're not like all the other night guards, you don't look scary and mean."

"Thanks?" I said with a slight shrug. "Usually when the guard slips up, it's all over for them," Gabriel said the last part eerily. "But you think of it like a contest, a game. So we want to keep playing with you." He was acting like a kid just a second ago, I almost forgot that ghosts don't typically stay by choice. "Plus, Freddy and the gang like you too! Something about how interesting you are," he said with a happier tone.

I looked up at the animatronic with a teasing smile. "You guys find me interesting?" Freddy rolled his eyes and said, "'Interesting' doesn't always mean good, night guard. We could be talking about how strange you are."