I ~ A Simple Song On The Street

Hiii!!! :)

I am VaquitaLibra, and I will be your author for this story! :)

You love Sprace? All fluff? This is the right story for you! :)

Most of this chapter (and the whole idea for this story haha) revolves around a song called Una Cosa Più Grande by Ermal Meta & Giuliano Sangiorgi, (part of the cover of this story is the album cover, by the way), available on Apple Music, Spotify, you name it. I also made the image thingy above the music video (I'm still kinda amazed that I figured out how to do that haha). I don't care how you listen to the song--just as long as you listen to it at some point in time--preferably in the climactic point in this chapter. It's a song that I just discovered recently, and I've been listening to it nearly nonstop. 10/10 recommend.

Here are some more notes:

Since this is based in modern time, I'm having Race and Spot go by Antonio and Sean, which isn't entirely canon but it's widely enough accepted by fanon that I think it's fine, plus I like using those as their real names when I have to use their real names, so there is that to look out for.

Oh, and for age, I imagine them to be like ... early 20's, so around 23. Sean's fresh out of college.

And this story is also based in the year 2022 (the song came out this year, so I can't exactly have it be before 2022 haha).

Okay, I think I covered everything! And I've kept you waiting long enough! Alright, time to begin this story! :)

Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------------

Sean is walking down the streets of Campania, Italy in late June, the sea clearly visible in the distance, feeling a sense of calm with the gentle breeze. This is his second morning here, and is still recovering from the lingering effects of jetlag, but aside from jetlag he's been enjoying himself here so far. He hasn't been too many places yet, but he's planning on going to the Amalfi coast this afternoon and visiting ancient ruins tomorrow. For now he's just been wandering around, seeing the sights of the city.

And this is a pretty city.

He checks his watch. 12:19 pm. He looks up. Well, it makes sense judging by where the sun is in the sky right now.

He knows that in this part of the country, a lot of stores still close for part of the afternoon for a siesta, which is something he finds kinda cool, but that means if he's going to find a café to eat lunch or something, he needs to find one sooner rather than later.

He walks down the street going closer to the sea. He's always been attracted to seaside views. And what better place for a seaside view than this?

He hears something in the distance. It sounds like someone playing piano.

Curious, he follows the sound, leading him further down the street and to park benches with a café nearby, and a person with a keyboard.

A person who looks to be around Sean's age, and looks ... kinda cute.

No. That should not be what Sean is thinking right now.

But that smile as he sings ... it's making Sean smile too. 

Sean watches the guy's hands move over the keyboard, nearly caressing it with his fingers. And it sounds amazing. Sean's impressed. He's been learning to play piano for years, but this guy is clearly a music expert, at a level Sean can only aspire to achieve.